How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Public transport accident in Byfleet

    If you are thinking of starting a personal injury claim after a public transport accident in Byfleet, there is some evidence that you will need to get your claim off the ground and make it a success. Here we look at some of the evidence that would be useful for your claim.

    Evidence for your public transport accident in Byfleet claim

    Start by thinking about evidence that will prove your injury. You need the help of a medical professional for this. You must visit a doctor soon after the accident if you have not already been taken to an Accident and Emergency Department. Your doctor will make notes about your injury and this will be used in your personal injury claim.

    Now have a think about the evidence that you will need to show that the accident in which you were hurt was not your fault. This should be very easy if you were a passenger at the time of the public transport accident in Byfleet because passengers rarely cause accidents. The person who caused the accident could be the driver of the bus, train or tram. They may have driven recklessly or may have lost concentration.

    Public transport accidents can also be the fault of the public transport operator. They may have failed to recruit and train staff appropriately or they may have failed to carry out correct maintenance procedures. You could use photographs, CCTV footage or witness statements to support your case. If you collect the witness contact details we will do the rest.

    When to start your claim

    Try and call us here at Accident Advice Helpline as soon as you can after the accident. We will get to work quickly because there is a three year time limit for this sort of claim. The sooner you call us, the sooner we can check the credibility of your claim and get to work.

    Open Claim Calculator

    If you are claiming on behalf of a child, the time limit is longer but it is always best to start a claim as soon as possible. Claims that are started soon after an accident are the most successful ones because everyone can clearly remember what happened and the paperwork is easy to track down.

    Contacting Accident Advice Helpline

    If you have been injured in a public transport accident you should certainly think about making a personal injury claim. All you have to do is pick up the phone and call us here at Accident Advice Helpline. You can reach us on 0800 689 0500 from your landline or on 0333 500 0993 from your mobile. Call us today!

    Date Published: 11th October 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.