How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Public transport accident in Bromley

    If you have been involved in a public transport accident in Bromley, you will need to do a few things in order to boost your chances of making a successful compensation claim through Accident Advice Helpline. On this page, we are going to highlight what a few of these things are.

    Inform the driver of the public transport that you have been injured

    This, obviously, only applies if you are actually travelling on the public transport at the time. If you are on a bus, it should be easy. If you are on a train, you may pull the red emergency handle IF your injuries are incredibly serious. If they can wait until the next stop, do not pull that handle. It does cause a lot of unnecessary hassle.

    The driver of the public transport will inform you as to what you need to do. They will have been trained for this sort of thing.

    Call the police

    This will need to be done if you are involved in a particularly serious public transport accident in Bromley, especially if you are travelling in another vehicle or if you are a pedestrian. Thankfully, the driver of the vehicle should have some idea as to the process here, although do not rely on them, if you are capable of doing so then you should contact the police on your own.

    The reason why you need to call the police is down to the fact that they will start to prepare all of the evidence that you need in order to put together a decent case. Basically, without the police, your job, and ultimately our job, of proving that negligence has occurred will have become a lot more difficult.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Seek medical attention

    This is something which you will need to do as soon as possible. Firstly, if we do not have access to your medical report, we will be unable to determine the extent of your injuries. This means that there is no proof that you are injured and no evidence which helps us to determine the amount of compensation you are able to claim. Basically, you can’t claim anything. In addition to this, without medical attention, you may not get the treatment that you need.

    Prepare a witness statement

    Do this as soon as you are capable of doing so. It does not matter whether you are writing it down or recording it on a tape recorder. You need to do it as soon as possible, otherwise there is a good chance you will forget key information.

    Start the process of claiming after a public transport accident in Bromley today

    Call Accident Advice Helpline today on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 if you are calling from a mobile.

    Date Published: 5th October 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.