Making a public liability claim
If you have suffered injury as the result of a slip, trip or fall in a public place, then you may be entitled to make a public liability claim for financial compensation.
Slips, Trips and Falls
Slips and trips can happen anywhere and are often caused by:
• Wet floors
• Uneven flooring
• Cracked or uneven pavements
• Unexpected obstacles
• Inadequate lighting
• Ice or snow in areas that should have been cleared
In a public place such as in the street, in a park or in a shop or restaurant, it is the responsibility of the owner of the business, or the local council (if it is an open public area) to ensure that if any of the above occur, they are dealt with in such a way as to prevent accidents happening, by removing the danger and/or clearly signposting it. If this has not been adequately dealt with and you are injured as a result, then you are entitled to make a public liability claim.
Take the next steps towards your public liability claim through Accident Advice Helpline
An injury sustained as the result of a slip, trip or fall can have consequences which extend far beyond an immediate impact on personal health, financial and emotional pressures putting strain on relationships at work and at home. If you have been hurt in a public place through no fault of your own, you might be able to make a public liability claim for compensation to make life just that little bit easier.
Take some immediate steps:
- Our 30-second compensation calculator will give you an indication of how much money you could receive as a result of your public liability claim.
- Gather together any documentation you have relating to your accident, so that you have everything on hand when you make your claim.
- We will find you a specialist solicitor to deal with your particular case, someone who has experience of dealing with people who have been injured in a public place and who would like to make a claim for compensation.
- We will ensure that you are paid the maximum amount of compensation to which you are entitled. All our solicitors work on a no-win, no-fee* basis, so there are no fee*s to pay at the start of the compensation process.
Contact us today
The numbers to call are 0800 689 0500 from your landline or 0333 500 0993 if you want to call from your mobile phone. Our helpline is open 24/7 and if we can’t answer your call, we will call you back if you leave your contact details.
Get the justice you deserve and contact us today.
Category: Personal injury claims