How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Public injury compensation

    Have you been injured in an accident in a public place? Aside from the embarrassment that being involved in an accident in public can bring, you could actually sustain some pretty serious injuries from this type of accident. If somebody else is at fault for your accident, claiming public injury compensation is an option that is open to you, provided you make a claim within three years of your accident happening. If you need advice or have questions about the claims process, you can get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline to find out more about what is involved.

    Injured in a public place

    A public place could be anywhere from the street to the local council offices, or even a shop or leisure centre. You could be injured in a library if heavy books fall off a shelf and hit you, or injured at the supermarket if you slip on a wet floor. You could even be injured at a leisure centre by broken lockers or seats in the changing rooms, which could cause lacerations. When you’re in a public place, you trust the operators or managers of that place to make sure it is safe. So if things go wrong and you are injured, they could be held liable and ordered to pay you public injury compensation.

    Maybe your child has broken their leg after falling from a faulty climbing frame at a council-owned play park, or perhaps you have tripped over damaged flooring in a shop. Whatever has happened, you could be entitled to make a 100% no win, no fee* with Accident Advice Helpline.

    The compensation you deserve

    The amount of compensation you’ll receive for your public injury compensation claim will depend on how serious your injuries are and how they affect your life. For example if you break your leg in an accident on an escalator in a shopping centre, you may need to take a couple of months off work. Accident Advice Helpline will take this into account when working out your personal injury settlement, so you’ll be compensated for your loss of earnings as well as your pain and suffering.

    The easiest way to find out how much compensation you could get is to head for our website and take the 30-second test. Then give us a call on 0800 689 0500 to find out how much compensation you could claim – we’re waiting to hear from you.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: 6th July 2014

    Author: Jan Newell

    Category: Accident in a public place

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.