Have you been injured in an accident where someone else was to blame? Are you looking for professional lawyers for compensation, advice and support? If you have been injured at work, in a public place or involved in a car accident, this article will guide you through the steps you can take to help you gain the maximum amount of compensation using our professional lawyer’s experience.
Top tips for making a successful claim with our professional lawyers for compensation
- It’s important to never admit liability unless you have been advised by your lawyer to do so
- Ensure that you have taken photos of your injury straight away as this will help prove the injuries that you occurred at the time of the accident
- Be sure to obtain the name, address and telephone number of all those involved and any police officer’s name and number
- Take the name, address, and telephone number of any potential witness. Don’t contact or speak to them, as this will be your lawyer’s job.
Claim within three years
If you have had an accident, you must start your legal claim for compensation within three years of the accident having taken place. Unfortunately, the law about the limitation periods is complex, so it’s important that you get in touch with one of our professional lawyers for compensation as soon as possible.
Some exceptions to the three-year rule are:
- Luckily, if you were under 18 when the accident happened then the three-year period only starts to run from your 18th birthday.
- If the injury was not obvious at the time of the accident then the three years may start to run from when you found out about it. This is more common in industrial diseases such as asbestos illnesses, etc.
- Under certain circumstances, the court can extend the time limits at its discretion. It is within your lawyer’s expertise to know whether this may apply to your case.
Don’t hesitate in calling Accident Advice Helpline
There are various ways that you can get in touch or find out further information about a claim that you would like to make.
Why not take some time to have a look around our website and take our 30-second compensation test, which Accident Advice Helpline uses for initial assessments?
This popular test asks a few simple questions about your accident and offers you a quote, based on the opinion of our professional lawyers for compensation, of how much you may be entitled to claim.
If you would prefer to speak directly to one of our friendly and helpful advisers, you can phone 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone.
Date Published: 21st April 2014
Author: David Brown