Procedure for making a personal injury claim
Have you had an accident for which you think you might be able to claim compensation? If you have, then we can take you through a brief overview of the procedure for making a personal injury claim.
Firstly, you need to check to see if you are able to make a claim for the accident you have had. There is no point in wasting your time going through the procedure for making a personal injury claim if there is no chance that you will be awarded compensation. That is why here at Accident Advice Helpline we have created the 30-second test, which will give you an answer about whether you should make a claim or not. Simply click on the 30-second test and put your details in. If you get a successful response and wish to make a claim, just follow the procedure for making a personal injury claim detailed below
The procedure for making a personal injury claim
- Call Accident advice Helpline. You will get through to friendly, professional and efficient call handlers who will be more than happy to assist with your claim.
- Provide details of your accident. In this initial call, the handler will take as many details as they need to be able to ensure that they pass your claim to the right person. At Accident Advice Helpline there are many solicitors with expertise in compensation claims that whatever accident or injury you have experienced, there will be someone ready to take your claim. You will not be required to pay any upfront costs or fees.
- The call handler will find a specialist. After this, the handler will use the information you provided to find a solicitor who will be the best to take your claim forward. If you do not give all the information asked or are not honest about everything you may not get the most appropriate solicitor, so if in doubt give more information than requested.
- Sit back and wait for your solicitor to get in touch. Once the call handler has found the right person for you, they will pass on the details. The solicitor will read through your case and get in touch with you to discuss or clarify anything they need to know.
- Let your solicitor do their work. Your solicitor will use the information to decide who is responsible for your accident or injury and contact any other parties they need to. You should not get involved in any of this, as your solicitor will do it all for you.
- Do whatever your solicitor needs you to do. Whilst you should not get involved in the claim once it has passed to your solicitor, you may be required to carry out certain tasks such as attend medical assessments. It is important to your claim that you carry out any task your solicitor asks you to do. This will help during this investigation stage.
- Let your solicitor negotiate. Compensation claims are usually settled outside of court by negotiations between your solicitor and the other party’s solicitor. If a compromise cannot be reached, then it will have to be settled in court.
- Receive your money. Once the negotiations have been successful or the courts have found in your favour, all that is left is for you to receive your money.
That is all there is to it!
At Accident Advice Helpline, we try to keep the procedure for making a personal injury claim as simple as possible so you do not have to worry about making the claim! If you want to discuss your accident in more detail then make sure you get in touch with us. Our expert advisers can be reached on 0800 689 0500 now.