Fishing accidents can not only result in you getting wet, but you could suffer a nasty injury at the same time. To make sure you stay safe, you need to know how to prevent a fishing accident. If you were injured and not at fault, then Accident Advice Helpline could help you with a compensation claim.
How to fish safely
- Fishing is a relaxing pastime and one not normally associate with injuries.
- Consider your clothing. Sitting down by the river bank might seem like a nice day out, but if it’s sunny, wear a hat or better yet, take a sun umbrella. Too much exposure in one day can lead to very nasty sunburn.
- Good shoes are also recommended. With wet ground at the edge of the river, you need something with a strong grip to stop you from falling in.
- Don’t drink alcohol. While a couple of cold beers won’t hurt you, drinking to excess near water can have disastrous consequences.
- Leave plenty of room between you and the fisherman next to you. When they cast out, if the line gets caught in the wind it could blow over and catch on you.
- If you go on an organised fishing trip at sea, follow all safety regulations while on board. The boat should have non-slip flooring and safety rails in place. Always choose a company with a good reputation as they will know how to prevent a fishing accident.
Accident Advice Helpline have advice about a claim
If you are injured and someone else was to blame, Accident Advice Helpline can confirm if you are eligible to make a compensation claim. We do this over the phone, so that you suffer the least inconvenience.
Your claim will be in safe hands, as we have over 15 years of experience, and all our solicitors are specialists in personal injury claims. We also work on a no-win, no-fee* basis, so you don’t even have the additional worry of paying for your claim.
After your accident, visit a doctor for a proper assessment and to have your injuries treated. You will need this in support of your claim.
Call us about how to prevent a fishing accident
If you are injured, you have a maximum of three years to start a claim, so don’t leave it too long. Call our friendly advisors today on 0800 689 0500, which is free if you’re using a landline, or call 0333 500 0993 if you’re using a mobile. Our experience means your claim will be stress-free and we will get you the best compensation, so why not call for advice about claiming?
Category: Fishing accident claims