If you are involved in an accident in the workplace which was caused because of someone else’s negligence or recklessness, and you were injured as a result, then you should sue for damages in Preston with help from Accident advice Helpline.
What employers should do to prevent a personal injury claim from happening
Every employer has a legal responsibility to protect the health and safety of their staff within the workplace. They also have to ensure the safety of any visitors to their premises, such as customers, suppliers or the general public. As an employer, they should:
- Have a health and safety policy and make sure employees follow the guidelines;
- Provide adequate first aid facilities;
- Inform you about potential hazards in your job and give you the training needed to deal with these;
- Have procedures in place in case of an emergency situation;
- Have regular fire drills;
- Carry out risk assessments and act on their findings;
- Keep an accident book in which to record all accidents;
- Report serious accidents to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE);
- Prevent or control exposure to dangerous substances;
- Take precautions against the risks involved in working with flammable or explosive hazards, electrical equipment, noise or radiation;
- Avoid potentially dangerous work involving handling dangerous substances, and if this is not possible take precautions to reduce the risk of injury;
- Provide protective clothing or equipment free of charge;
- Ensure the correct warning signs are in place;
- Ensure that the workplace is a safe working environment for their staff; and
- Be sure that all plant and equipment is in proper working order and has the proper safety guards fitted.
These are just a sample of the guidelines they need to follow – the full version, and trade-specific rules, are all available on the user-friendly HSE site. Ignorance is no defence. The information is readily available, they just need to read it and make sure it is implemented.
Making a personal injury claim if you want to sue for damages in Preston
It is a sad fact that no matter how cautious an employer is, accidents in the workplace will still happen, and if the accident is no fault of the victim then they may still face a personal injury claim from that employee.
Any type of accident can be traumatic enough on its own, without then having the stress of making a personal injury compensation claim as well. Accident Advice Helpline will make your injury claim for you, and take the stress off your shoulders.
We are experts in dealing with accidents of all types. We make sure that our customers get the best service possible, as well as getting them a fair amount of compensation for the injuries and losses or costs associated with their accident.
Call our advisors on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile to get free advice from them about making a claim, or complete the 30-second test on our website. This will let you know if you have a valid claim, and will also give you an estimate of how much compensation to expect.