How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Preston accident injury

    The city of Preston once thrived due to its booming textile industry, which fell into decline in the mid-20th century. Today the city is undergoing regeneration and is the administrative centre of Lancashire, home to some 114,300 people. The University of Central Lancashire has its main campus here, which sees the city’s student population increase during term time. If you are a student who has been injured in an accident in the area, then making a Preston accident injury claim may not be the first thing on your mind. For one thing, how is your student loan going to cover those expensive legal fees, and for another, you don’t want to be distracted from your studies by legal appointments and going to court.

    The good news is that Accident Advice Helpline could help you to make a claim if you have been injured in an accident caused by somebody else. Our team of injury solicitors provide a 100% no-win, no-fee service, which means you don’t need to spend your entire student loan on legal fees – we’ll simply deduct our fees from your settlement if your claim is successful.

    What kind of Preston accident injury are you claiming compensation for?

    Making a Preston accident injury claim may be possible if somebody else’s negligence caused your accident. For example, here are just a few of the types of claims we have handled on behalf of injured students in Preston:

    • Slips, trips and falls – for example, falling down damaged stairs at university or tripping on loose carpet in the university library
    • Food poisoning from dining on campus
    • Electric shock from vending machines, computers or printers on campus
    • Repetitive strain injury from a part-time job working on campus, such as typing or data entry
    • Road traffic accidents, for example being run over in the university campus car park or being injured whilst on a trip organised by the university
    • Injuries sustained in accidents relating to tasks or activities at university

    We could help you to make a claim within three years of your accident if you think that somebody else was liable.

    What happens if you have sustained minor injuries?

    It’s true that you can still make a Preston accident injury claim for minor injuries, but how minor are we talking, and should you bother? The truth is that if you have been injured due to somebody else’s carelessness then you’re entitled to claim compensation. You could be surprised at the amount of compensation you could get, as you could claim not only for your injuries but for the impact they have had on your life. For example, if you have broken your ankle after a slip, trip or fall and needed to take several weeks off your part-time job to recover, you could be entitled to claim compensation for loss of earnings, which could help you out financially during your studies.

    Open Claim Calculator

    The best way to find out how much you could claim is to take the 30-second test on our website, which will give you a rough idea. It’s well worth claiming, even for minor injuries, and you can call us on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile, to find out more and see if you are eligible.

    Date Published: 3rd August 2017

    Author: Rob Steen

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.