Having a Pontyclun accident at work can be a traumatic affair and the prospect of bringing a personal injury claim against your employer may add to your stress. Before you even consider taking action against your employer, ensure you follow these steps to protect your legal rights and enhance your chances of receiving compensation.
Top tips for pursuing a Pontyclun accident at work claim
- Seek medical advice. If you have sustained any injuries, you should see a doctor immediately. Even if making a Pontyclun accident at work claim is at the forefront of your mind, you must seek medical attention before you turn your attention to making a claim. If you do not, your employer may hold you partly responsible for the severity of your injuries and thereby reduce the amount of compensation they award you for your accident.
- Do not discuss your accident with your employer. Be careful when discussing your accident with your employer or your work colleagues. It is not necessary for you to identify the blameworthy party, so seek free, no-obligation legal advice from the team here at the Accident Advice Helpline.
- Record all expenses you have incurred in relation to your injury. Every time you incur an expense in connection with your injury, whether a medical expense or a lost wage, you should obtain official receipts and use them to create detailed records of all the expenses you have incurred.
Work with us on our 100% no-win, no fee promise
We take the financial risk of taking on your case. There are no up-front fees and if you don’t win your case, you don’t pay our legal fees.
- Do not settle without seeking our advice. Unless you have a legal background, you should avoid trying to reach a private settlement with your employer’s insurers as you may end up shortchanged. If you receive an early settlement offer, please use our 30-second test and let us help you to determine whether the proposed settlement is one you ought to consider.
- Observe deadlines. All Pontyclun accident at work claims are associated with time limits so ensure you get in touch with us today. You will usually have 3 years, starting from the date of your accident, in which to claim the compensation you deserve.
Accident Advice Helpline
Contact us for our expert Pontyclun accident at work advice and representation.
Call us from a landlineon 0800 689 0500, or you can call us from a mobile phone on 0333 500 0993
Most claims can be processed by telephone, so it is unlikely you will need to appear in court.
Date Published: 27th September 2014
Author: Jan Newell