How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Peterborough no-win, no-fee

    Peterborough no-win, no-fee

    An RTA is a road traffic accident, although these days such accidents are often referred to as road traffic collisions. As children are legally unable to drive, being under the age required, they are most frequently passengers in vehicles. This means that if they are injured as a result of a road traffic accident or collision they are almost guaranteed to be able to seek compensation via a Peterborough no-win, no-fee claim.

    Here at Accident Advice Helpline we are able to specialise in securing compensation for minors, so please contact us today to find out if we can help you initiate a Peterborough no-win, no-fee claim.

    Children and Peterborough no-win, no-fee claims

    As children are minors there is no way that they are legally able to make a Peterborough no-win, no-fee claim in their own right. This simply means that a child cannot instruct a solicitor to start a claim for them, or secure them compensation.

    However, this does not mean that children are not entitled to compensation for any personal injuries they have sustained as a result of an accident that was not their fault. The law does still allow for a child to have compensation awarded via a claim, and our solicitors can assist you with this.

    Two options

    When it comes to securing compensation for minors (i.e. those under the age of 18) you have two options.

    Open Claim Calculator

    In the first case you may be able to start a claim on behalf of your child. This would involve you, or someone else suitable, to act as a litigation friend. A claim can be initiated by you, on behalf of the child and any compensation awarded would then be held in a special account until the child in question reached the age of 18.

    In special situations, where money may be required to make adaptations to the home following a serious injury, or if specialist care is needed then immediate payments may be awarded as well as a lump sum compensation figure.

    Alternatively you can wait until the child reaches the age of 18 and they can make a claim in their own name. In such an instance the child in question would have three years in which to start their claim once they reached the age of 18.

    Your solicitor will be able to discuss this in detail with you and help you determine what is likely to be the best option for you and your family.

    To find out how much your claim might be worth in terms of compensation you can take Accident Advice Helpline’s 30-second test today. Alternatively, pick up the phone and give us a call on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.

    Date Published: 15th November 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.