Drink Driving Accident
A teenager was in a recent court battle after he was caught drink driving on a stolen motorbike while speeding and running a red light. This is incredibly dangerous and irresponsible and he could have caused a serious accident.
Unfortunately this incident was not a one off. Drink driving accidents take place all the time and can cause severe injuries and in some extreme cases, fatalities. It’s important that if you have been involved in an accident that has been caused by a drink driver, or an unruly driver, you take action. You could be entitled to make a personal injury York claim for compensation through Accident Advice Helpline.
Key Facts on Road Traffic Accidents
- About 1.24 million people die each year as a result of road traffic accidents.
- Road traffic injuries are the leading cause of death among young people, aged 15–29 years.
- Half of those dying on the world’s roads are vulnerable road users which mean pedestrians, cyclists and motorcyclists.
- Without effective action, road traffic crashes are predicted to result in the deaths of around 1.9 million people annually by 2020.
- Only 28 countries, representing 416 million people (7% of the world’s population), have adequate laws which address all five risk factors including speed, drink-driving, helmets, seat-belts and child restraints.
These facts are shocking. Drivers, now more than ever, are involved in serious and fatal road traffic accidents. Accident Advice Helpline and all the lawyers who we work with are completely professional and specialised when it comes to processing your claim for compensation in York.
Get in Touch to Start a Personal Injury in York Claim
Over many years, Accident Advice Helpline has used its expertise to help thousands of those who’ve suffered injuries in road traffic accidents to make successful personal injury York claims. All of our lawyers are entirely specialist in personal injury law and work on a 100% no-win no-fee basis – you can be certain that they will have only your best interests at their forefront.
To begin making your claim for your accident, get in touch with one of our trained advisers today who will find the most professional injury lawyer. You can call the free helpline from a landline on 0800 689 0500, or if you are calling from a mobile you can call 0333 500 0993. If you would prefer to have one of our friendly members of the customer services team call you back, simply text ‘CLAIM365’ to 88010.
Accident Advice Helpline Website
While on Accident Advice Helpline website, why not have a look at all the information available. We have articles on the different accidents you can claim for as well as claimants’ testimonials. The website is an excellent resource if you wish to find out further information before getting in touch with one of our trained advisers.
If you want to speak to an adviser directly, please phone straight away to start your journey to claiming compensation.
Date Published: 25th July 2014
Author: David Brown