How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Personal injury suit

    Can I make a personal injury suit?

    If you are suffering from an injury as the result of an accident, you may be curious to find out whether you may be entitled to make a personal injury suit. You might have heard that you could be due to receive a cash payment, and it should go without saying that this could help you when it comes to picking up the pieces and moving on with your life.

    In this article, we explain what you need to know when it comes to assessing your eligibility for a personal injury suit.

    Was the accident not your fault?

    To make a successful claim, you will need to be able to demonstrate that the accident was caused by someone else. Of course, there’s a wide range of potential circumstances here, and it wouldn’t be possible to list them all. You might have had an accident on the roads that was caused by another driver, or you may have been involved in an incident in the workplace that was caused by your employer or a contractor.

    Usually, it’s pretty straightforward to determine where the blame is. Sometimes though, things can be a little more complicated. If you’re uncertain about where you stand, speak with a legal advisor about your circumstances.

    Did it happen in the past three years?

    You can’t wait too long if you want to make a claim for compensation. This is because there will usually be a deadline of just three years from the date of your accident. Once the deadline has passed, you may have missed your opportunity. You don’t have time to waste here. You need to get started as soon as you can.

    Open Claim Calculator

    There are certain exceptions though. If you were a child when the accident happened, or you are suffering from an industrial disease, you may have more time. Again, you should speak with a professional to determine where you stand.

    Contact Accident Advice Helpline to find out more

    Reading general information online can really help you to understand where you are at the moment, and decide what you want to do next. You would probably find it very useful though to speak with one of our advisors here at Accident Advice Helpline. We can answer your questions and ensure that you have all the information that you need.

    Dial 0800 689 0500 if you’re ringing from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 if you’re ringing from a mobile phone. Or you can take the quick, easy, and hugely popular 30-second test online to find out what you could be entitled to receive if you decide to pursue your right to claim.

    Date Published: 28th April 2014

    Author: Louise Thacker

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.