How do I find personal injury solicitors in Devon?
This is a big question. In the UK, the counties of Devon and Cornwall combined cover the same landmass as the country of Denmark! Devon and Cornwall comprise the south western peninsula of the British Isles, and take the brunt of the sou’westerly storms that come in off the Atlantic.
Which is the best personal injury solicitor for me?
Personal injury law covers a wide variety of circumstance, so it is important to consider the nature of your claim before appointing a particular solicitor.
- If you have had an accident and you are considering making a personal injury claim in Devon, get organised.
- Make notes at the time of the accident, or get someone to do it for you.
- Take photographs of the circumstances and of your injuries
- See if there are witnesses who will agree to testify to your claim
- Get a file or folder and keep all your pieces of paper, documents, receipts for medical expenses, travel costs and any other costs resulting directly from your accident.
- If involved in a road traffic accident and you were a driver, make sure to inform your insurance company as soon as possible.
- If you have had a car accident, but you “feel fine”, have a medical check-up anyway. Some injuries, like concussion and even whiplash, can take time to emerge, and if you want to make a claim you will need a medical report.
What can a compensation provider do for me if I live in Devon?
The marvellous thing about compensation providers is that they are online, so they act as a country-wide resource.
Accident Advice Helpline
Accident Advice Helpline works with a network of around 200 legal firms all over the UK, and can help you enlist the right solicitor for you. AAH is one of the UK’s leading compensation providers, having been established for over ten years and is endorsed by consumer champion, Esther Rantzen. If you are not sure how to find personal injury solicitors in Devon, you could talk to us. Call us on our friendly helpline on 0800 180 4123 or take our online eligibility test to see if you should start your claim now. Don’t delay, call today and ask us how much your claim might be worth.
Devon is famous for its history. One of the favourite anecdotes is of Sir Francis Drake, being informed of the arrival of the Spanish Armada in 1588 to attack the south coast of England, finished his game of bowls on Plymouth Hoe whilst waiting for the tide to change, before setting out to engage the enemy. In 1831, the ship The HMS Beagle set sail from Plymouth Docks to embark on the now iconic scientific discovery expedition with the young seaman on board, Charles Darwin.