How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Personal injury solicitor in Liphook

    Do you need help from a personal injury solicitor in Liphook?

    We are all aware that we can make a claim if we suffer an injury that was not our fault. But what happens if the person involved in the accident was a child? In this case there is scope, under current law, for the parent to make the claim. The claim can also be made by a “litigation friend” who acts on the child’s behalf to prove the negligence of someone else. The litigation friend can be a parent, an adult member of the family or a representative of a school, club or organisation that was present at the time of the accident. Claims can also be made against schools, clubs and organisations as well as against individuals. If your child, or the child you know, has had an injury then speak to a personal injury solicitor in Liphook today about making a claim on their behalf.

    Personal injury solicitor in Liphook – helping you to make a claim

    Parents are often unsure about whether they can claim compensation on their child’s behalf or not. The law allows a claim to be made for anyone under the age of 18 who has been injured in any sort of accident that was not their fault. The settlement will be agreed by a judge in court in a process known as ‘infant settlement approval’. The compensation awarded will then be held in trust for the child until they turn eighteen, unless for some reason the child needs the money before then for instances such as special care or schooling. The scope to make a claim does not end on the child’s eighteenth birthday; they have until they are 21 to start the claim.

    What happens if the accident happens at school?

    Your solicitor in Liphook will tell you that accidents at school are relatively common, and in most cases only minor injuries result and no one is to blame. If a child is seriously injured, though, and it would appear that the proper health and safety measures have not been taken then there are grounds to make a claim for compensation.  A claim against a school will usually be made against the Local Education Authority or the School’s Governing Body if negligence can be proved. Claims in the past have included slips and trips on unsafe surfaces, defective equipment resulting in accidents and injuries on the sporting field.

    What to do to make a claim

    You can talk direct to a solicitor in Liphook or you can call the Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 (0333 500 0993 from a mobile) and get no obligation advice from a trained advisor. Accident Advice Helpline can provide you with the no win no fee solicitor that is best for your needs. They are available twenty four hours a day seven days a week and the call is free of charge.

    Date Published: 19th May 2014

    Author: aljaye

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.