If you have been injured in an accident and it was not your fault then you could be entitled to make an accident injury claim and seek cash compensation for your injuries and damages. To do this you will need a professional, knowledgeable and experienced personal injury solicitor in Duston. That’s where Accident Advice helpline can step in and save the day!
Advice from Accident Advice Helpline
Accident Advice Helpline are here to help anyone who has been hurt or injured in an accident that was not their fault. Every year thousands of people in the UK are injured through no fault of their own in all different kinds of accidents. But what should you do when this has happened? What steps should you follow after the accident has taken place? Read below to find out.
- Stay calm after the accident. Remaining calm is one of the best things that you can do after you have been involved in an accident. This is important, not just at the scene of the accident but later if you have a claim for personal injury. When you remain calm at the scene, you will be able to help yourself and others. When your demeanour is discussed later, in court, if you kept your temper it will be much better for your case.
- Call Emergency Services after the accident. One of the main reasons remaining calm is important is so that you can call emergency services. Your calm demeanour is going to help you with telling the dispatcher where you are, if there are any injuries and other information that they will need.
- Swap insurance information after the accident. This is particularly important if the accident was a road traffic one. If you are unable to get the information personally due to your injury, the police officer may be able to help you.
- Take pictures after the accident. Having this kind of visual evidence can make a huge difference with your personal injury claim. If you cannot take the pictures yourself, have a friend or family member take them for you.
- Get names of witnesses of the accident. This is something that the police will likely put on their police report, the witness statements of what they saw. This is going to help your accident claim and will be very useful to the personal injury solicitor in Duston who is representing you in court.
Call now for a personal injury solicitor in Duston
To find out if you can make a claim for compensation, call Accident Advice Helpline and speak to our advisors. You can even call us free if you use a landline. The number is 0800 689 0500 or you can call us on 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.