Claiming for a criminal injury through a personal injury lawyer West Calder
Unfortunately, West Calder is home to a lot of criminal attacks and street crimes. Some of the most common includes fights, unprovoked attacks and stabbings.
Receive compensation for an unprovoked stabbing attack with the help of our personal injury lawyer West Calder
If you or someone with you has been stabbed, there are important points that you must remember in order to stay calm and get appropriate help and support. You will need to act quickly to ensure that you or the person who has been stabbed doesn’t lose too much blood or die from excessive bleeding through injuries. Stabbings can happen for a number of reasons including attacks or muggings to accidently stabbing someone else in freak accidents. You should always be vigilant around knives or other sharp objects to ensure that they are not used incorrectly which can cause serious and fatal injuries.
The following points are important on how to cope in a criminal attack situation:
- Properly assess the situation and keep in mind that if a stabbing has occurred as the result of an attack on another person, the situation may still be hostile and dangerous. This means that if you stepping in to help, you may inadvertently may cause the situation to escalate which could put you or others in danger.
- Phone for an ambulance first and foremost. Stay calm while you await for its arrival.
- Check the victim’s airways. If they have been stabbed in the chest, the blood may be obstructing their airways which can potentially cause them to choke. Ensure that the injured individual can breathe properly.
- Remove any clothing that is situated around the stab wound. You will need to access the wound properly, and this means removing any clothing, so cut any fabric or clothing with scissors or try and rip if you have no scissors to hand.
- If there is anything in the wound, leave it there – removing any objects embedded in a wound can actually cause an individual to bleed more and may even cause the death of the victim. Await the medical professionals to deal with any remains of the object.
- Try to apply pressure to the wound. This will stop the bleeding, or at least stem the flow until the emergency services get there. Use some fabric to stop the bleeding.
Get in touch today with a personal injury lawyer West Calder
If you are still unsure on whether to make a claim or not then the best place to start is online on the Accident Advice Helpline website. Use our quick and easy compensation calculator which will tell you in seconds if you can claim with our personal injury lawyer West Calder.
Call on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile and you will be guided through the next steps. To have an adviser call you back, text ‘CLAIM365’ to 88010. We offer friendly, free helpline advice to anyone who has been in an accident or injury that was not their fault.