How do you find the best personal injury lawyer Tong has?
Many people start their compensation claim by searching for the best lawyer in their area. If you live in Tong, perhaps you have come to this website looking for the best personal injury lawyer Tong can offer you.
But the question isn’t: “Who is the best personal injury lawyer Tong has?” – Instead, the question needs to be:
“Who is the best personal injury lawyer Tong can offer me for my unique circumstances?”.
And this is where we can help you.
What characteristics does a good personal injury lawyer have?
A good personal injury lawyer can be hard to spot – after all, a lawyer’s job is to be persuasive, so it’s easy to end up with the wrong lawyer for your needs.
But when you are looking for a lawyer, ask yourself these questions:
- Is the lawyer a specialist? Like many professionals, lawyers train not only in law, but in a specialised field of law. For example, a lawyer working within the offices of a large multi-national company is not likely to help you write your will or get a divorce. Personal injury law is a specialised field. To stand the best chances of success with your claim, you need a specialist personal injury lawyer.
- Is the lawyer experienced? So, you’ve found a personal injury specialist, but how much experience do they have? It is important to know that your lawyer has had experience of hundreds, if not thousands, of personal injury cases. Your compensation claim is a once only process – you don’t want to be the guinea pig for an inexperienced lawyer.
- Is the lawyer successful? It’s all very well knowing that your personal injury lawyer has been working in this field of law for a number of years. It’s good to know that that they have fought a large number of personal injury cases. But you also need to be sure that their track record is good. In other words, how many of their cases have they actually won? Do they have a good record of managing to claim back costs from the other party? Are the compensation amounts secured by them competitive?
- Is my lawyer taking the risk, or am I? This is one of the crucial questions. The question of financial risk. If your case is unsuccessful, are you going to be out of pocket? Many lawyers will tell you that they are taking your case on a no win no fee basis. Which is great – it generally means that if you don’t win your claim, you don’t have any legal fees to pay. But make sure you read the small print.
- Some lawyer firms will ask you for an upfront fee. An upfront fee means that you are out of pocket until your compensation is awarded, which may be a number of months. And if no compensation award is made, you have lost that money. This puts you in a very vulnerable position and means that you are taking the risk, not your lawyer. But think about it – if your lawyer wants an upfront fee to protect them, it means that they are not sure they can win your case. Surely that’s not the kind of lawyer you want.
Accident Advice Helpline
We can provide you with the right personal injury lawyer for your needs.
Just call us and ask for our advice.
So call our friendly team now on 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or on 0333 500 0993 from a mobile – to have a no-obligation discussion about your potential claim.
Date Published: 13th April 2017
Author: Jan Newell