Lawyer in Sturminster Newton
Your employer has a legal responsibility to their employees. They must make sure that their workers have a safe environment in which to work, and to ensure that the health and safety regulations are in place.
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE), who monitor and regulate these regulations, lay down the rules regarding safety. Serious accidents at work have to be reported to HSE, who compile an annual report on the figures. For the 2012/13 year, statistics include:
- 175,000 injuries occurred forcing employees off work for more than seven days;
- 1.1 million people who worked during the year were suffering from an illness they believed was caused or made worse by their current or past work;
- 700,000 further workers who last worked over 12 months ago were suffering from an illness which was caused or made worse by their work
- 2,291 people died from mesothelioma, and thousands more from other occupational cancers and diseases such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease;
- 706 cases were prosecuted;
- 13,503 enforcement notices were issued;
- 148 workers were killed at work; and
- 78,222 other injuries were reported under RIDDOR.
These figures just show how important health and safety at work is, and if your employer is negligent in his duties and you sustain injuries, as well as reporting it to HSE, then you should consult with an injury lawyer in Sturminster Newton about making a personal injury compensation claim.
It’s not just one-off accidents
It is not just one-off accidents from which employers should protect their workers — they should protect them against any long-term illnesses and diseases, as well. These can arise for many reasons and cause many problems, examples being:
- Industrial deafness;
- Repetitive strain injury;
- Lung cancer from gasses and chemicals;
- Vibration white finger; and
- Carpal tunnel syndrome.
Some of these conditions do not rear their ugly heads for many years, and quite often the victim has left the employment by this time. That is not a problem — they are still entitled to use an injury lawyer in Sturminster Newton to make a personal injury compensation claim.Open Claim Calculator
Making a work-related claim
When you want to make a personal injury compensation claim, you should contact Accident Advice Helpline. We are experts in this field, having helped many thousands of victims get the justice they deserved and receive the compensation to which they were entitled, both legally and morally.
In the 15 years in which we have been trading, our solicitors have built up a wealth of knowledge and experience, as you would expect from a law firm who specialise in personal injury claims.
Our website has a test that takes just 30 seconds from start to finish. It will let you know if you qualify to make a claim and how much to expect, although this will only be an estimate.
Our friendly and helpful advisors are available on our freephone helpline, 0800 180 4123. They are highly trained to give you free legal advice about making your personal injury compensation claim.