Unfortunately, road traffic accidents happen all the time. Injuries can be mild or very serious, and it’s usually the fault of one particular party. If you’ve been injured in such an accident and it wasn’t your fault, do the sensible thing and call our personal injury lawyers to find out how you can start a compensation claim.
Why do these road traffic accidents happen in the first place? Just some of the many reasons are:
- Alcohol: Alcohol is probably the most common reason for road traffic accidents. People who drink and drive usually do it regularly, and eventually they cause an accident and hurt others. There is a very clever solution to this problem: people can choose to install breathalysers in their cars. This will make sure that the car cannot start unless the driver has used the breathalyser and the results for alcohol are negative. If you’ve been involved in an accident caused by a drunk driver, don’t forget to call our personal injury lawyers and ask for advice about claiming compensation for your injuries.
- Age: This is a common problem when it comes to driving. Young people cause a lot of accidents, because stereotypically they drive recklessly and are impatient. They are said to like high speeds and showing off. Senior citizens, on the other hand, can occasionally be pretty dangerous for others on the road. Their vision is sometimes impaired, and their reflexes may be slower than in younger years.
- Sleep deprivation: Many people overlook sleep deprivation and don’t take it seriously. However, it is responsible for a large percentage of road traffic accidents every year. It is very important to always be well rested before getting in your car, as it is nearly impossible to fight the need for sleep once you feel it.
- Distractions: Drivers usually get distracted by a lot of things. One of the worst problems nowadays is texting or talking on the phone while driving. Most people don’t realise that even if they are using a hands-free device for talking on the phone, they still get distracted by the conversation. Texting, on the other hand, requires you to constantly take your eyes off the road, which slows your reaction time significantly and impairs your ability to drive properly.
- Passengers: Passengers in the car can also be very distracting for drivers. Constant conversations in dangerous situations, crying babies, or arguing children can be very stressful and extremely distracting.
Looking for a personal injury lawyer in South Queensferry?
We do not have a personal injury lawyer in South Queensferry working directly for us but this doesn’t matter, we can still help you claim as we are a national injury law firm that covers all areas of the UK. So if you need a personal injury lawyer in South Queensferry or anyway make us your first point of call.
Call from a landline on 0800 680 0500, or call from a mobile on 0333 500 0993 to find out more about your options.