People in the UK enjoy riding their bicycles. In fact, it is becoming one of the fastest growing pastimes throughout the country. It does not matter if you live in Poynton or anywhere else — if there are good roads you can just keep on riding.
But what if you should have an accident whilst out riding? You might be entitled to make a personal injury claim, for which you might want to use a personal injury lawyer in Poynton.
Causes of accidents that can happen while out riding your bike include:
- Oil or mud on the road;
- A driver opening their car door as you are riding past;
- A pothole in the road or a bad road surface; and
- Colliding with a vehicle such as a car, lorry or bus.
You might be able to make a personal injury compensation claim if you suffer injuries in one of these accidents, or any other accident, while riding your bicycle.
Injuries you can sustain while cycling
The injuries you may sustain vary greatly, including:Open Claim Calculator
- Neck injuries;
- Spinal injuries;
- Anxiety and stress;
- Facial injuries;
- Eye injuries;
- Joint injuries;
- Soft tissue injuries;
- Broken bones;
- Road rash;
- Cuts and bruises; and
- Back injuries.
If you should suffer one of these injuries in a cycling accident that was not your fault, you may be able to make a personal injury claim using a personal injury lawyer in Poynton.
How to reduce the risks
There are things a cyclist can do to reduce the risk of accidents, and of serious injury:
- Wear something bright or reflective so you are easily visible;
- When passing parked cars, leave enough room for a door to be opened;
- Do not ride next to another rider and make it difficult for vehicles to overtake you; and
- Wear a well-fitting good quality safety helmet.
What the effects are
The effects of your accident on your future life need to be accounted for when making your injury claim. Injuries from any type of accident can be severe and life changing, and could include:
- Loss of earnings, past and future;
- Home adaption or home moving costs;
- Pain and suffering;
- Anxiety and stress;
- Any other cost or loss that is a direct result of the accident;
- Replacement of damaged goods; and
- Extra medical expenses.
Your personal injury lawyer in Poynton
You should approach Accident Advice Helpline, the experts in personal injury claims. We will give you all the help and advice you need, and take the stress away from you. We operate nationally, so can assist when you need a personal injury lawyer in Poynton.
Call 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or if you are ringing from a mobile, please call us on 0333 500 0993.