Personal injury lawyer in Powys – employers legal duties
If your workplace is in Powys, or anywhere else within the UK, your employer has a legal responsibility for the health and safety of their employees at work.
This does not just apply to one off accidents, but also to conditions that develop over time, conditions ranging from something not too serious like carpal tunnel syndrome, to the extremely serious like lung cancer caused by exposure to asbestos.
It doesn’t matter if the victim has already left the employment that caused the condition, the personal injury lawyer Powys will still make a personal injury compensation on their behalf.
The personal injury lawyer in Powys explains some of the illnesses
It does not matter how minor or how severe your injury is, if you became ill because of your job, you may be able to make an personal injury claim. Over the last 13 years, Accident Advice Helpline has helped many sufferers of industrial illnesses, some of the more common problems being:
- Back and spinal injuries can be caused by regular heavy lifting, particularly if the employee has not had the proper training in lifting heavy objects. Falls from height can also be the reason for these types of injuries.
- Industrial Deafness is the result of constantly working in excessively loud noise. The employer should try to reduce the noise level and if he can’t, should provide you with ear protection, which you must wear to safeguard your hearing.
- Dangerous Chemicals and Substances need extra care and every step should be taken to avoid as much exposure as possible to these. Where necessary the employer has to provide, free of charge, protective clothing and equipment to try and minimise the problem.
- Asbestos related diseases are still coming to light even though asbestos was banned in the UK at the end of the last century. The problem with these diseases is that they can take up to 40 years to develop and it is expected that the number of reported cases will not peak until 2020.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Vibration White Finger, Dead Finger and Hand-arm syndrome. These are all injuries caused by using vibrating tools or equipment, or constantly using a keyboard. There are rules and regulations regarding the use of these types of tools, which your employer should adhere to.
- Repetitive Strain Injury is caused when the same muscles are used repeatedly for actions they do not normally make.
You should speak to the personal injury lawyer Powys about making a personal injury compensation claim, if you find yourself in the unfortunate position of suffering from any of these, or any other industrial illness.
A personal injury lawyer in Powys at Accident Advice Helpline
You should contact Accident Advice Helpline for the expertise and experience you need for a successful personal injury claim.
On our website, there is the 30-second test. It will let you know if you qualify to make a claim. If your do, it will give you an indication of the amount you may be awarded.
Or you can contact one of our friendly advisers on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone. They will discuss your illness with your, talk about the necessary procedures and let you decide if you wish to pursue the claim.