Personal Injury Lawyer in Penrith deals with the employers so you don’t have to
All in employers in the UK have a duty to all of their employees legally to protect their safety and health at work. The law has health and safety rules they have to follow but if they have not followed them and you are injured and it is your employer’s fault, you may be able to make a claim for compensation with a personal injury lawyer in Penrith.
There are a lot of health and safety rules and laws that your employer must follow, here is a list of only a few of them:
- Have procedures in place is case of an emergency that all of the employees know.
- Have rules for general health and safety in the workplace that all of the employees know and that they will implement them.
- Have fire drills on a regular basis.
- That there is enough space for all of the employees to work comfortably without too much twisting and turning.
- The employer must make sure that all of the equipment in the work place is in working order and follows all health and safety laws.
- The employer must make sure that all of the guards are fitted with the equipment required.
- They must train all employees to use all equipment and they must be completely sure that the employee is completely aware of any risks and how to avoid them.
- They must keep all walking areas free of spillages and obstructions.
- They must make sure that the employee has proper breaks.
- They must provide the employee free of charge for any protective clothing or equipment needed for the employee to do their job.
- They must keep record of any accidents that happen in the workplace in an accident book.
- They must report any serious accidents to the HSE (Health and Safety Executive).
- They must carry out risk assessments on a regular basis and fix any problems they find very quickly.
You can find out more about this in more detail on the HSE user friendly website, along with trade specific rules that all employers should follow. If an employer fails to comply, it can result in injuries to their employees (which can lead to a compensation claim being taken out against them) and they could be prosecuted against by HSE.
If they do face a personal injury claim the employee would have had to contact a personal injury lawyer Penrith to do so for help getting their compensation in a no fuss way.
Making a work related claim with the help of a personal injury lawyer PenrithOpen Claim Calculator
If you had an accident at work, you were injured and it was no fault of your own, why don’t you contact Accident Advice Helpline, we have been helping employees get the compensation they deserved for over 15 years now. We know that when you were injured at work, you might have felt like no one would listen to you but with us you don’t have to worry about that.
Why don’t you call our helpline on 0800 689 0500 and speak to one of our friendly advisers.