Had a cycling accident and need to make a claim with a personal injury lawyer in Norfolk?
Travelling by bike can be one of the most hazardous ways of getting around in towns and cities. Cyclists are some of the most vulnerable people of the roads, as their bikes provide little in the way of protection, if they are hit by other road users.
Cyclists can take precautions to increase their presence and visibility on the roads, to ensure that other road users can spot them easily and give them the room that they require.
Involved in a cycling accident?
If you, or some one you know, have been knocked off your bike through no fault of your own within the last 3 years’ and been injured as a result, then you may be eligible to make a personal injury compensation claim using a personal injury lawyer in Norfolk.
Cycling related accidents
Cycling accidents may be caused by:
- Failure by other road users to allow adequate space for cyclists to pass safely
- Failure to consider cyclists when turning left at junctions or roundabouts
- Failure to see cyclists due to lack of lighting or poor weather conditions
- Failure to indicate or make your intended manoeuvre clear before changing your road position
- Driving without due care and attention
- Driving at excessive speeds
- Driving whilst under the influence of alcohol or drugs
Keeping yourself safer whilst cycling
Follow these simple steps to keep yourself safer whilst cycling!
- Always wear an approved cycling helmet that is securely fastened and appropriate for the size of your head
- Always wear appropriate clothing to ensure that your torso remains protected whilst cycling in case of a fall
- Always wear sensible cycling shoes with a ridged sole to keep your feet stable on the pedals
- Fit and use lights attached to your bike to ensure that you remain visible to other road users
- Wear a high visibility reflective jacket to ensure that you are seen clearly in poor weather and in fading light at dawn and dusk
- Fit a bell to your bike and use it to warn pedestrians of your presence
- Fit a light to your cycling helmet to give extra visibility ahead
- If you are carrying panniers, ensure that they are evenly balanced to prevent toppling over
Make your no win, no fee personal injury compensation claim using a personal injury lawyer in Norfolk
If you have been knocked off your bike through no fault of your own within the last 3 years’, then call the leading law firm, Accident Advice Helpline. Our team of dedicated and friendly telephone advisers can ensure that you are given up-to-date no-obligation advice, about making a no win, no fee personal injury compensation claim, using a personal injury lawyer in Norfolk.
Our helpline is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to take your call and ensure that you are provided with the advice that you need to go ahead and proceed with confidence to make your claim using our personal injury lawyer in Norfolk. Call free on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone.
Date Published: 7th March 2014
Author: David Brown