Have you been injured at work? Use your head and let a personal injury lawyer in Newtongrange process your compensation claim!
Construction sites are by their very nature dangerous, noisy and busy workplaces. Often large scale equipment, heavy moving machinery and large scale building materials are being moved around the site, which may also be muddy and waterlogged.
If you have sustained injuries as a result of a construction-related accident that occurred through no fault of your own within the last three years, then you may be eligible to make a personal injury compensation claim.
Keeping safe while working on site
It is your employer’s or main contractor’s responsibility to ensure that all employees are safe while working on site. This is a statutory obligation that falls under health and safety legislation. For construction workers, this means that:
- They are provided with a safety hard hat which meets current regulations for safety, and that it is worn at all times;
- They are provided with safety protection footwear to prevent injuries to the feet;
- They wear high visibility jackets while on site to ensure that they are clearly visible to other employees;
- They are provided with ear defenders, eye protection and protective gloves if they require them to carry out their job safely;
- They are trained and supervised thoroughly when working to ensure safe practice;
- Any tools and equipment that are operated are regularly checked and maintained to ensure that they are in good working order and safe to use;
- Safety barriers and signs are clearly displayed to protect pedestrians and ensure that walkways are kept separate from areas of heavy moving equipment and machinery; and
- Any accidents or incidents are reported promptly to the main contractor to ensure that they are correctly processed, and medical attention is sought immediately.
Making your construction site personal injury compensation claim
If you have been injured as a result of a construction site accident in the last three years that occurred through no fault of your own, then you may be legally entitled to pursue a compensation claim using a personal injury lawyer in Newtongrange.
Accident Advice Helpline can offer you no-obligation advice 24 hours a day, seven days a week to ensure that you are informed of your legal entitlement to make a claim for compensation. Just dial 0800 689 0500 now to speak to an adviser.
Our helpful team of telephone advisers will notify you over the phone of your eligibility to make a claim, and can start your compensation claim process over the phone. Should you decide to go ahead with your claim, our personal injury lawyer in Newtongrange will ensure that your claim is processed with efficiency, accountability and integrity.
Don’t delay! Try our unique 30-second online test to find out confidentially from your own home if you can start a no win no fee claim for your work-related injury.
Date Published: 28th February 2014