How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Personal injury lawyer in Minto

    A personal injury lawyer in Minto is waiting to help you with your personal injury claim

    Insurance, the basis of our society, will cover most types of events where a claim for compensation could be made. There are 4 main types of insurance that a personal injury lawyer in Minto deals with very often and those would be motor insurance, employers liability insurance, public liability insurance and product liability insurance. Here is a bit more information on each one of them.

    Motor insurance – This insurance is the one that nearly everyone will have. If you own a vehicle in the UK then according to the law you must have motor insurance. There are 3 main types of motor insurance: the first one is the most basic that everyone has to have and that is third party insurance. This covers if you are involved in a motor accident and it was your fault then the other vehicle’s damage will be settled by your insurance. Another thing it covers is if your vehicle injures somebody then your insurance will cover their compensation claim. The next one up is third party, fire and theft insurance. It basically covers everything the first one does but it gives you added coverage if your car is stolen or if it catches fire. The top tier coverage is the comprehensive insurance, and this will cover everything the other two do plus it will cover any damage done to your vehicle.

    Employers liability insurance – This insurance is a legal requirement for all employers in the UK. What this insurance covers is where an employee is injured in a work related accident or if an employee contracts an industrial disease because of their job; it will cover all settlements. But it is not cheap to get in the UK and the minimum coverage is £5 million but most insurance companies will not offer cover lower than £10 million.

    Public liability insurance – This insurance covers any kind of accident that could happen in a public place from food poisoning to slips, trips and falls. No matter what kind of public place it is the owner must have this insurance but it is comparatively cheaper than other kinds of insurance.

    Product liability insurance – This insurance is used when a manufacturer, producer or importer has not checked a product properly and it ends up being faulty and causing someone an injury. What this insurance will do is basically cover the settlement for the compensation claim.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Personal Injury lawyer in Minto is looking forward to hearing from you

    If you are worried about dealing with the intimidating organisations you have to deal with when making a claim for compensation, don’t worry as a personal injury lawyer in Minto from Accident Advice Helpline will do it all for you. We have been dealing with those big companies every day for the past 15 years, so we know exactly how to make sure that you get the highest amount of compensation possible.

    Call us on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.

    Date Published: 22nd February 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.