How to prevent electric shock
Electric shocks can be serious or even fatal, and because we are always surrounded by electricity the chance of being shocked is more likely than ever before. If you always strive to remain safe around electrics then you should be as safe as you can be; here are some tips for ensuring that yourself and your family are safe from electrical surges and shocks.
- Work out the electricity needs of all of your appliances. Although it can seem a little bit complicated to research the electric requirements of every appliance in your home, you only need to do this once and it will ensure that you are always treating your appliances with respect so that they will respect you in turn.
- Cover your sockets. If you can cover your sockets and outlets then you can be sure that children and pets are less likely to be able to receive shocks by putting their fingers or other items into them.
- Keep wires off the ground. This will stop them being chewed by pets, stood on or otherwise damaged by people moving around. You can simply tape the wires to the wall to keep them safe. This only takes a moment but protects you and your family wonderfully well.
- Keep electricity and water apart. This means keeping all electrical devices out of the bathroom, and storing them apart in the kitchen. Electricity and water are a fatal combination for many people and all electrical devices should be kept dry at all times.
- Replace damaged electrical equipment. A loose wire or a broken casing would expose you and your family to an electric shock. It is important to dispose of them carefully and replace them.
Finding a good personal injury lawyer in Middleton
If you or a family member has received a severe electric shock, due to the negligence of someone else, then you may be entitled to find a good personal injury lawyer in Middleton and make a claim for compensation against the other party.
The Accident Advice Helpline has over 10 years’ experience with personal injury compensation claims, and can provide you with an experienced and dedicated personal injury lawyer Middleton who will work with you to get you the compensation you deserve. You can call the helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone to speak to the team, who will talk you through what has happened and help you to decide whether you wish to make a claim or not.
If you do decide to go ahead then you will speak to a personal injury lawyer in Middleton, or wherever you are across the UK, who will work on a 100% ‘no win no fee’ basis to process your claim, and will also work on your behalf so you need not go to court. Your personal injury lawyer will keep you updated as your claim progresses.