Packing for an emergency evacuation – personal injury lawyer in Membury
It is rare, but from time to time a situation may present itself where it is necessary for yourself and your family to evacuate an area or your home. Weather conditions, riots and fires can lead to people having to leave their homes, and will require you to take enough with you to keep you going indefinitely or until you can return to your home. Remember that if you are being evacuated, there is a chance that your home won’t be the same as you left it when you return, so you should also take anything important with you.
- Get a large bag. Remember that you should pack one large bag for each member of your family, and not try to fit everything into one suitcase. If you are being evacuated then the last thing you want is to drag an enormous suitcase with you, so try to make sure that the bag is something like a sports bag, and easy to carry.
- Pack four outfits. Do not pack more than this as it will weigh you down, but don’t pack less either as you cannot be sure how long you will have to keep wearing these clothes. Make sure to choose comfortable and weather-appropriate clothing.
- Pack up to three personal items. This is the point when you need to decide what is ultimately important to you, and only pack a couple of those items so as not to weigh yourself down.
- Bring all of your credit cards and licences. Make sure not to forget important documents such as passports and birth certificates. Anything that will be difficult or impossible to replace should be packed into your evacuation kit.
- Leave as soon as you can. There is no use making sure that you have everything you could possibly need if you leave too late to be evacuated. Pack everything quickly and remember that your lives are more important than any possessions.
When to use a personal injury lawyer in Membury
If the reason for your evacuation was an accident or situation caused by the negligence of someone else, then you may want to consider making a claim for compensation against them. Accident Advice Helpline has over 10 years’ experience in the field of personal injury compensation claims, and can provide you with a personal injury lawyer in Membury who will be able to help you to get the compensation you deserve.
You can call the helpline on 0800 689 0500 to speak to the team, and they will help you to decide whether or not you want to go ahead with your claim or not. If you do want to proceed then you will be passed on to an in house personal injury lawyer in Membury, who will work on a 100% no win no fee basis to process your claim. Your personal injury lawyer in Membury will also work on your behalf to ensure that you shouldn’t have to go to court.