No matter where you work in the UK, you should have a safe environment to work in, and employers have a legal duty to make sure that you do.
If your employer fails in this duty and you are injured because of their negligence, you may be entitled to make a personal injury claim using a personal injury lawyer in Meldreth.
How employers can avoid facing a personal injury lawyer in Meldreth
Every employer in the UK has a legal responsibility to protect the health and safety of their employees while they are in the workplace, and the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) monitor employers to ensure they comply with the rules and regulations. There are specific rules for specific trades, but also general rules that apply to all employers. Some of these are:
- Carry out risk assessments and act on any findings
- Record accidents in an accident book
- Carry out regular fire drills
- Have procedures in place in case of an emergency situation, and make sure all staff are aware of these
- Make sure employees take proper breaks
- Make sure walkways are kept clean and free from obstruction
- Have a health and safety policy the details of which all staff are aware of
- Making sure employees have enough room to work in comfortably
- Ensure that all equipment and plant is in proper working order and safe
- Provide, free of charge, any protective clothing needed
- Ensure staff are properly trained to use any plant and equipment
- Report serious accidents to HSE
Work related accidents can produce extremely serious injuries and some times even death. If your accident is minor or serious, and has been caused by the negligence of your employer, you should contact someone at Accident Advice Helpline to discuss making a personal injury compensation claim, using a personal injury lawyer in Meldreth.
Accident Advice Helpline – helping you to make your compensation claim
We are here to help you make your personal injury compensation claim. For over 15 years we have been providing access to justice for non-blame victims of accidents and crimes. We have helped many thousands of claimants get the compensation to which they were entitled and have an enviable reputation for complete customer satisfaction.Open Claim Calculator
On our website, we have a compensation calculator which we call the 30-second test. This will help you decide if you qualify for compensation and give you a rough estimate of how much you can expect to be awarded.
Alternatively, you can speak to one of our friendly, professional advisors on our number, 0800 689 0500 (0333 500 0993 from a mobile). We give you free advice regarding your personal injury claim, so that you can decide if you want to pursue your compensation. You will be under no obligation to do so, and we will not put you under any pressure. Call os if you want a personal injury lawyer in Meldreth!