If you have an accident and as a consequence of this you suffer a brain injury, which happens more than you think, it can be life changing for you and for your family.
If you, or someone close to you has sustained a brain injury in an accident that was not their fault, a personal injury compensation claim should be made, using the personal injury lawyer in Melbourn for assistance.
There are numerous types of brain injury, for example:
- Concussion which is the mildest and most common
- Closed head injury which is where the impact has not broken the skull
- Penetrating head injury where an object fractures the skull and enters the brain
- Diffuse brain injury is where the brain is thrown around within the skull, and hitting the skull can cause damage in several areas
- Brain confusion is bruised or swollen brain tissue that occurs when the skull is cracked or broken.
- Bleeding around the brain
Even the mildest of these, concussion, which normally clears itself over a relatively short period, can leave effects that never disappear.
The symptoms of brain injuries, and why it is important to use the personal injury lawyer in Melbourn
Every accident is unique, every injury is unique and every victim is unique, so there is no sure way of knowing how a brain injury will affect the victims, but some of the symptoms they may experience are:
- Changes in emotional reactions and behaviour
- Altered sense of smell, taste or touch
- Loss of or altered speech
- Short concentration span
- Difficulty with balance, co-ordination or walking
- Weakness or paralysis
- Lack of body temperature control
- Speed of thought
- Memory loss
The problems that can arise when a brain injury occurs are things like anxiety, depression and the inability to understand or not comprehend. The injury is not always visible but it can have a huge impact on the whole family of the victim. Because the brain is the control centre for everything in the body, it should be no surprise that such injuries can change your life completely and you may need to make a personal injury claim, and for this it is important to use the personal injury lawyer in Melbourn.
Making the claim on behalf of someone else
After a brain injury, the victim is not always capable of carrying out everyday tasks, let alone attempting to make a personal injury claim. In these circumstances, someone close to them should make the claim on their behalf – why should the victim lose out because they can no longer care for themselves?
Accident Advice Helpline is exceptional in dealing with brain injury cases and if you, or someone else on your behalf, want to make a personal injury compensation claim, we will handle this for you.
We operate on a no-win, no-fee basis so at this very stressful time, you will not need to worry about financing your claim. No money is needed to start the processes and we do not receive any payment until your claim as been won.
Call our number, 0800 689 0500 (0333 500 0993 from a mobile), and speak to our advisors who you will find friendly and compassionate if you need a personal injury lawyer in Melbourn.
Date Published: 6th March 2014
Author: David Brown