How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Personal injury lawyer in Matlock Bath

    We all like to eat out at restaurants or have takeaways, but what happens if you become ill from one of these? This is most probably because you have contracted food poisoning by eating contaminated food. Food poisoning is usually caused because of food becoming infested with bacteria, viruses or parasites.

    These organisms can contaminate the food at any point during its processing or production. This does mean that if it is a restaurant meal that makes you ill, it might not be their fault, but could be the fault of their supplier.

    This is where the Foods Standards Agency (FSA) comes in. They are responsible for food safety and food hygiene across the UK. They work with local authorities to enforce food safety regulations, even having staff in food plants to check that the requirements of the regulations are being met.

    A board of skilled and experienced persons, appointed to act in the public interest, not to represent a particular sector, leads the FSA. Although they are a government department, they do not have to report to a specific minister and are free to publish any advice they feel is necessary. They are however, accountable to parliament through the health ministers. They have five main aims:

    • Consumers have the information and understanding they need to make informed choices about where and what they eat.
    • Business compliance is effectively supported because it delivers consumer protection.
    • Food produced or sold in the UK is safe to eat.
    • Imported food is safe to eat.
    • Food producers and caterers give priority to consumer interests in relation to food.

    If you contract food poisoning, you should report it to the FSA, who will trace the source to stop it happening to others. Then you should contact Accident Advice Helpline about making a personal injury compensation claim.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Food poisoning will make you feel really ill, you will have nausea and vomiting, probably feel lethargic and certainly have stomach cramps and diarrhea. If the caterers have caused this, wherever you have eaten, you should contact a personal injury lawyer at Accident Advice Helpline.  

    Looking for a personal injury lawyer in Matlock Bath?

    We have been dealing with personal injury claims for over 13 years and have helped many thousands of faultless victims with injuries of all sorts, caused in accidents of all sorts, get the compensation the law says they deserve.

    Our solicitors are experts in the field of personal injury claims; they have the experience and knowledge you need to be on your side. They will look at every area of your injuries, including what impact they have had on your life. Their one aim is to make sure you get a fair deal for the experience you have endured, and they want to do this as quickly and efficiently as possible, while at the same time maximising the amount of compensation you receive.

    We do not have a personal injury lawyer in Matlock Bath working directly for us but this doesn’t matter, we can still help you claim as we are a national injury law firm that covers all areas of the UK. So if you need a personal injury lawyer in Matlock Bath or anyway make us your first point of call.

    Accident Advice Helpline advisors, who you can contact on 0800 689 0500, are friendly and helpful. They will discuss you injuries and accident with you, give you free legal advice regarding your claim, and then let you decide if you wish to continue. You will be under no obligation or pressure to do so.

    Date Published: 5th March 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.