Your employer must protect your health and safety while you are at work
Every employer has a legal duty to protect their employees and make sure that their work environment is a safe place in which to work. If they do not comply with the regulations and an employee is injured in an accident, they may face a personal injury claim from a personal injury lawyer in Market Rasen at Accident Advice Helpline.
How employers can avoid dealing with a personal injury lawyer in Market Rasen
There are rules and regulations applying to all trades, some specific to particular trades and some general for all employers. Some of the general ones are:
- Any safety guards or devices should be in place and in proper working order;
- Proper training must be given in the use of plant and machinery;
- Employees must be given proper breaks;
- Protective equipment and clothing must be provided free of charge;
- There must be a health and safety policy about which all staff know, and the contents of this must be implemented at all times;
- There must be procedures in place in case of an emergency, and all employees must know what to do in such a situation;
- There must be regular fire drills conducted;
- Risk assessments must be carried out and the findings acted upon. This can just be a case of walking around the workplace, perhaps with employees, and finding any potential risks.
- Employers must make sure that employees have enough space in which to work comfortably without the need for excessive twisting and turning;
- All plant and equipment should be in proper working order;
- There must be proper sanitary facilities available to all employees;
- All accidents must be recorded in an accident book; and
- Serious accidents must be reported to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
These regulations are monitored by HSE, who do not react kindly to breaches of their rules. In relation to employers, their one aim is to ensure the health and safety of the workforce and anyone else who is on the business premises. If employers to not comply, they can face prosecution as well as a personal injury claim if someone is injured, made with the help of a personal injury lawyer in Market Rasen, because of their negligence.
At Accident Advice Helpline, we would not like employers to break the rules
Accident Advice Helpline would not take kindly to the breach of rules either. If an employee is injured because of an employer’s negligence, they legally have every right to compensation, and as we have done with many thousands of other claimants we would ensure the employee had the access to justice they deserved to make their claim.
All the employee needs to do is call our helpline on 0800 180 4123 and speak to one of our advisors, or complete the 30-second test on our website. Either way, they will find out if they qualify to make a claim and get an estimate of the amount they could be awarded.