Personal injury lawyer in Manchester North
If your workplace is a warehouse then this can be very hazardous if your employer does not ensure that you work in a safe environment. Even if they do make sure its safe then accidents often occur in them, and if you are involved in one that was not your fault, and you were injured because of it, you may be able to make a personal injury compensation claim, and you may want the help of the personal injury lawyer in Manchester North.
The personal injury lawyer in Manchester North understands warehouse injury claims
There are endless ways accidents can happen in a warehouse some of which could be life changing. Such as :
- Objects falling onto people
- Heavy lifting injuries
- People tripping over objects left on the floor
- Spillages on the floor that have not been cleared up
- Accident involving a fork lifts truck.
- Being exposed to chemicals and dangerous substances.
- Falling from heights
If you are injured in any type of accident while working in a warehouse, or anywhere else for that matter, you may be entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim, and you could do worse than use the personal injury lawyer in Manchester North.
How to reduce the risks
There will always be accidents in warehouses and all that the employers can try to do is reduce the risks as much as possible. Such as:
- Follow the regulations about working at heights and make sure employees comply with them
- If storing dangerous chemicals or substances, ensure staff are aware of this and put correct safety measure relating to that substance in place
- Provide protective clothing such as boots and gloves and make sure employees wear them
- Issue everyone with a hard hat and make sure they are worn
- High-vis jackets or the like will make the workers more visible and hopefully reduce the risk of an accident
- Make sure all employees know how to handle heavy goods, give then proper training in lifting these
- Make sure there are safety rails at height and on stairs
- Only let fully qualified operators use fork lift trucks
- Clear spillages and obstructions from walkways as soon as possible
Here are just a few things for keeping the warehouse safe, but different situations will require different measures and it is up to the employer to make sure that they have done all they can to make their warehouse a safe working environment.Open Claim Calculator
How we at Accident Advice Helpline can help with your claim
If after everything being done correctly, you are still in an accident at the warehouse, that was not your fault, you should contact Accident Advice Helpline to discuss making a personal injury compensation claim.
You can do this, either through our website by completing the online claim form or our 30-second test, or by phone. We will assist you in getting the compensation you deserve for your pain, suffering and anything else applicable. You can call us anytime, on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone, to speak to one of our friendly and helpful advisers.