If you have an accident, that was not your fault and you injure your brain, this can be very dangerous. Brain injuries are bad because your brain is easily damaged and can effect you greatly. If this is the case you may be able to make an injury claim using the personal injury lawyer in Malvern Wells at Accident Advice Helpline to help you.
The personal injury lawyer in Malvern Wells will help you to make a claim on behalf of someone else
Severe brain injuries can be life changing the victim can be so badly injured they are not capable of dealing with a personal injury claim themselves, a family member or friend should contact the personal injury lawyer in Malvern Wells at Accident Advice Helpline on their behalf. The numerous brain injuries that can occur include:
- Concussion, the mildest form of and most common head injury
- Closed head injury is where there is an impact to the skull, but nothing is broken
- Penetrating head injury happens when an object fractures the skull and enters the brain
- Diffuse brain injury is where the head has been shaken around and the brain has knocked against the skull. This can cause injuries in several parts of the brain.
- Bleeding between the skull and the brain
- Brain confusion is caused by the brain becoming bruised or swollen when the skull is cracked or broken
- Bleeding inside the skull around the brain
Any of these brain injuries are serious enough to need medical attention, and if they were sustained in an accident that was not your fault, you should be making a personal injury compensation claim.
The symptoms of a brain injury
Different people can react differently to the same injuries, but in the case if a brain injury, the victim may have no choice about their demeanour. The effects can include:
- Weakness or paralysis
- Difficulty with balancing
- Difficulty walking
- A lack of co-ordination
- A total loss of or altered speech
- The attention span shortens
- They find it hard to concentrate
- Their memory can be affected
- Speed of thought
- The way they react emotionally can change dramatically
- General behaviour changes
- They senses of smell taste and touch can change
- They can become very anxious and get depressed easily
- They can have problems with understanding or comprehending situations or what is being said to them
The victims may often feel totally lost and get frustrated with themselves for not being able to do want they want. Others lose themselves in their own world as a coping mechanism.
Accident Advice Helpline
Accident Advice Helpline fully understand the trauma these type of injuries cause, not just for the victim, but for the family as well. The last thing anyone will need is the stress of making a personal injury claim, but Accident Advice Helpline will help everyone cope with this process, we need to make sure the victim does not lose out because of their lack of capabilities.
Call them on our freephone number, 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone, and don’t worry about financing the claim. We operate on a ‘no win, no fee*’ basis, so no money is needed to start the claim.
Date Published: 23rd February 2014