Personal injury lawyer in Maldon
It does not matter if you live in Maldon, or anywhere else within the UK, if you were injured in an accident that was not your fault, you may be able to make an injury claim using the personal injury lawyer Maldon to help you.
Using the personal injury lawyer in Maldon for a fractured bones claim
We have 206 bones in our bodies, all of them just waiting to be fractured. If you are in any sort of accident, and the accident was not your fault but you sustained bone fractures, you may be entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim, using the personal injury lawyer Maldon.
Children’s bones break easier than those of an adult, although they heal quicker as well. If the fractured bones belong to one of your children, you should make the claim on their behalf.
The medical profession calls most damage to bones a fracture, whether it be a break, crack or the bone being crushed. Some of the more common ones are:
- Comminuted fracture – this is a severely damaged bone that has been crushed or shattered
- Complete fracture – you may hear the snap of this when the bone breaks clean in two
- Compound fracture – in this one the broken bone breaks through the skin
- Oblique fracture – this breaks slants across the bone
- Spiral fracture – as the name suggests, this break winds round the bone
- Simple fracture – this is where there is no break in the skin
- Bowing fracture – this is where the bone bends rather than breaks and it tends to happen in children because of the softness of their bones
These are just a sample of the breaks that can occur, mainly they happen in accidents, often when it is not the fault of the victim.
The treatment of fractured bones depends on the severity of the injury but can include:
- Surgery to put bones back in place
- Support bandages
- Plaster cast
- Icepacks to reduce swelling
- Surgery to insert pins, screws or plates
This can be a relatively short time in the case of children. Their bones are softer and often heal in about 4 weeks. Older peoples bones usually take about 6 weeks.
Accident Advice Helpline are here to help with your fractured bone claim
If you have fractured bones as the non-fault victim of an accident, call Accident Advice Helpline. We have over 13 years’ experience of dealing with all types of injuries from all types of accidents. We have helped many thousand of claimants obtain the compensation award they deserved and fractured bones claims have been among them.
On our website there is a 30-second test which will give you a rough idea of the amount of compensation you can expect to receive.
Or you can call our confidential helpline on our freephone number 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone. You will find our advisers friendly and professional. They will take your details and discuss your accident and injuries with you. Then together, you can decide the best way forward.