Personal injury lawyer in Luxulyan and brain injuries
The lives of your loved ones and yourself could be changed forever if you sustain a brain injury in an accident. In the event of a head injury your brain is the most fragile part of your body and it is easily damaged and often beyond repair. Having an accident is the main cause of brain injuries and if this has happened to you, or someone you know, whoever caused the accident should pay financial compensation.
This is the law of the land, and to make your personal injury compensation claim, you should use the services of a personal injury lawyer in Luxulyan via Accident Advice Helpline. We operate nationally, so we can help you.
Examples of common injuries
There are lots of examples of brain injuries that can happen in an accident, but a few of the more common ones are:
- Bleeding between the skull and the brain
- Concussion – this is the mildest form of brain injury, and the most common
- Closed head injury – this is where there is an impact to the head that does not break the skull
- Penetrating head injury – if an object fractures the skull and enters the brain, this type of injury will occur
- Diffuse brain injury – several areas of the brain can be damaged by it being thrown about inside the skull. The impact of the skull on the brain causes the damage
- Brain confusion – this is where brain tissue can become swollen when the skull is cracked or broken
If you, or a family member, has been injured in this way through no fault of their own, a personal injury lawyer in Luxulyan should be contacted to make a personal injury claim.
Things to be aware of
The victims of brain injuries often have no control over their reactions, whether this is temporary or permanent. All accidents are unique, as are the people that receive injuries from them. The characters of people will mean they react differently to their injuries, what is major to one person will be minor to another. It can be like living with a different person where brain injuries are concerned, and they may well not be capable of dealing with an injury claim themselves.
The symptoms from a brain injury can be totally disabling, and some of the more common ones to expect are:
- Loss of or altered speech
- Shortening of their attention span
- A lack of concentration
- Behaviour changes
- Weakness or paralysis
- Difficulty with balance and walking
- Lack of co-ordination
- An altered sense of smell, taste or touch
- The inability to understand or comprehend
- Memory loss
- Speed of thought
- Changes in how they react emotionally
Problems like these can mean that more than ever, the victim needs money to pay for care and extra things to make life bearable for everyone involved. At Accident Advice Helpline we realise the trauma the injuries will cause for the family of the victim, but whoever caused the accident should be accountable for their actions.
Call now on 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. We’re here for you when you need a personal injury lawyer in Luxulyan.