Personal injury lawyer in Ludlow
If you are a resident of Ludlow, or anywhere else in the UK and you have been the victim of a violent crime and unable to claim compensation from the assailant, you should be looking at the Criminal Injury Compensation Scheme to see if you qualify to make a claim, and you could ask a personal injury lawyer in Ludlow for help.
The Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme is government funded to compensate the blameless victims of violent crime, because the government realise that although no amount of money can make up for the suffering you have endured, the compensation is seen as recognition of what you have been through.
What is the criteria?
There are criteria for making a criminal injury claim, and using a personal injury lawyer in Ludlow at Accident Advice Helpline, which include:
- You are a British citizen or an EU national who has the right to be in the UK
- The incident should have happened within the last 2 years, unless there are exceptional circumstances, such as being below 18 at the time of the incident, when slightly different time limits apply
- You were the blameless victim of a violent crime or abuse
- You reported the incident to the police as soon as possible after it happened
- You helped the police with their enquires to give them the best possible chance of apprehending the assailant
If you fit this criteria, you may be entitled to make a criminal injury claim and use a personal injury lawyer in Ludlow at Accident Advice Helpline to help you.
Things you could not make a claim for
The things that you could not make a claim for, which could mean you would not be eligible to make a criminal injury claim are:
- You and the person that injured you were living together as members of the same family and continue to do so
- The person who injured you could benefit from the award because there is still a close clink between you and the assailant
- Because of a suicide attempt, unless the suicidal person acted with intent to cause you harm or injury
- Because of a vehicle, unless the vehicle was used with the intent to cause harm or injury
- From an animal attack, unless the animal was used to cause harm or injury
- In the usual course of a sport or activity to which you consented by taking part
- You have already applied for compensation for this injury through this or any other scheme
A personal injury lawyer in Ludlow at Accident Advice Helpline
What you have been through will have been traumatic enough, so the easiest and most stress free way to make your claim is to contact Accident Advice Helpline.
We were established in 2000 to give access to justice for the blameless victims of accidents and crimes. We operate on a No Win No Fee* basis, and that means exactly what it says. You will not have to find any money to start your claim; we do not get paid until your case has been won.
You can call our helpline on our freephone number, 0800 180 4123, for our friendly advisers to discuss your case with you and start your claim should you wish to proceed.