How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Personal injury lawyer in Kirkcaldy

    Road traffic accidents

    Having a road traffic accident is awful and can sometimes be fatal. 1,680 people died on our roads in the year ending March 2013, with another 23,660 sustaining serious injuries.

    Overall, in that period there were 188,890 reported accidents that resulted in an injury of some sort, many of which will have not been the fault of the injured party. That’s a lot of victims who may have been able to make a personal injury compensation claim using a personal injury lawyer in Kirkcaldy at Accident Advice Helpline.

    The government estimates that if they were able to account for the unreported road traffic accidents as well, the figure would be over 500,000 — that equates to 10,000 accidents on our roads every week.

    The criteria for using a personal injury lawyer in Kirkcaldy for a personal injury claim

    The rules for claiming compensation are as follows:

    • You should have sustained bodily injuries;
    • The accident should have happened within the last three years;
    • The accident should not have been your fault; and
    • You should have sought medical attention for your injuries.

    If you fit these criteria, you may be able to make a personal injury compensation claim using a personal injury lawyer in Kirkcaldy at Accident Advice Helpline.

    Open Claim Calculator

    The different parts of your claim

    Your claim would be made up of several things, such as:

    • Loss of earnings, past and future;
    • Pain and suffering;
    • Anxiety and stress;
    • Replacement of equipment and accessories;
    • Medical costs;
    • Care costs;
    • Home adaption or home moving costs;
    • Possible effects on your future life; and
    • Any or costs or losses that occur as a direct result of the accident.

    Who will have to pay my claim?

    In the case of a road traffic accident, this would generally be one of two organisations.  The first port of call would be the other driver’s insurance company, but if they are uninsured then the claim would be made with the Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB)

    Anyone who offers motor insurance has to be a member of the MIB. They exist to ensure that non-fault victims of road traffic accidents do not lose out because of a lack of insurance. The motor insurance companies have to pay the MIB a levy each year to fund compensation payments, and also have to provide data of who they are insuring which is fed into a central database. This database has the information about all insured vehicles.

    We are here to help you with your road traffic accident claim

    When you are ready to make your compensation claim, you should contact Accident Advice Helpline to help you through the process of making a compensation claim. Call us on our freephone helpline number, 0800 180 4123. Our advisors are friendly and helpful, and will preprint forms so all you have to do is check the details and sign.

    Our lawyers will deal with your claim efficiently and make the whole process as trouble-free as possible for you. They will look at every area of your claim and ensure that you receive the maximum compensation available for your particular injuries and circumstances.

    Date Published: 20th February 2014

    Author: matthew

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.