Personal injury lawyer in Kingswinford
If you are injured in a violent crime, then you may be able to make a criminal injury compensation claim using a personal injury lawyer in Kingswinford.
The Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme
The Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme is government-funded to compensate the faultless victims of violent crimes. The government knows that no amount of money can compensation for your experience, but it is a recognition of public sympathy of your suffering. The Criminal Injury Compensation Authority (CICA) administer the scheme.
What the scheme covers
The scheme will cover:
- Special expenses payments to cover specific injury-related requirements which are not free of charge from any source;
- Fatal injuries, including loss of parental services and financial dependency;
- Funeral payments;
- Personal injury following a single incident or a period of abuse; and
- Loss of earnings.
Who can make a claim to the scheme?
You may be entitled to make a claim to the scheme if:
- You were not to blame for the incident;
- The crime happened within the last two years, unless you were under 18 at the time, in which case the rules alter slightly;
- You attempted to get your compensation from the assailant, if you know who it is;
- You sustained an injury while taking an exceptional and justified risk trying to remedy or prevent a crime;
- You were a direct victim of a crime of violence;
- You sustained a mental injury as a result of witnessing or being involved in the immediate aftermath of an incident in which a loved one is injured;
- You are the qualifying relative of a victim who has died from injuries caused by a crime of violence;
- You informed the police;
- You helped with their enquiries to give them every chance of apprehending the villain; and
- You are a British citizen or a national of an EU country with a right to be in the UK.
Accident Advice Helpline and our personal injury lawyer in Kingswinford are here to help
Being a victim of a violent crime is a very traumatic experience, without having to go through the stress of making a compensation claim. Accident Advice Helpline are here to help, to take the stress away and to make your claim as trouble-free as possible.
We have in-house solicitors with a wealth of knowledge and experience. For them, personal injury compensation claims of all types are a daily occurrence. When making any claim you need the best on your side, and with our solicitors you will have exactly that.
The sooner we know about your situation, the sooner we can start the claims processes. Speak to one of our advisors on our freephone number 0800 180 4123. You will find them friendly, professional and compassionate, and your conversation will be confidential. After a chat with them, you will be under no obligation to proceed unless you want to.