How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Personal injury lawyer in Kingskerswell

    Work-related accidents

    If an accident happens in the workplace, you have been injured and it was not your fault, you may be able to make a claim using a personal injury lawyer in Kingskerswell. Accidents happen all too often, even though health and safety measures are stricter than ever.

    How employers can avoid facing a personal injury lawyer in Kingskerswell

    Employers have a legal responsibility and duty to make the workplace a safe environment in which to work. They also have to ensure the safety of any visitors to their premises, such as customers, suppliers and the general public. The employer must:

    • Provide health and safety supervision as needed;
    • Provide protective clothing or equipment free of charge;
    • Ensure the correct warning signs are in place;
    • Ensure they create a safe working environment;
    • Ensure that all plant and equipment is safe to use;
    • Provide proper training in use of any plant and equipment;
    • Make sure working practices are set up and followed;
    • Make sure that all materials are stored, handled and used safely;
    • Provide adequate first aid facilities;
    • Let you know about potential hazard in your job;
    • Set up emergency plans and ensure staff know the details;
    • Make sure that ventilation, temperature, lighting, toilet, washing and rest facilities all meet health and safety requirements;
    • Prevent or control exposure to dangerous substances; and
    • Report serious accidents to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).

    These are just some of the health and safety regulations. A full list can be found on the HSE website.

    The employee has duties as well

    As an employee, you also have a duty to look after your own wellbeing and that of your colleagues. You should never do anything that will put you, your workmates or employer in danger. If you think you employer is not carrying out their health and safety responsibilities, you should report them to HSE. You cannot be disciplined for doing this.

    What is employers’ liability insurance?

    Most employers (although there are a few exceptions) have to have employers’ liability insurance with a minimum cover of £5 million, just in case an employee does make a personal injury claim against them. If an accident happened in the workplace, it would be an insurance company that pays out the claim, not your employer.

    Open Claim Calculator

    How to make your claim

    Any type of accident can be traumatic enough on its own without then having the stress of making a personal injury compensation claim.

    Accident Advice Helpline will make your compensation claim process easy for you. We are experts in dealing with accidents of all types, of making sure our customers get the best service possible, as well as getting them a fair amount of compensation for the injuries and losses or costs associated with the accident.

    Call our advisors on 0800 180 4123 to get free advice from us about the way forward, or complete the 30-second test on our website for an estimate of how much you could be awarded.

    Date Published: 19th February 2014

    Author: matthew

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.