You may want to make a injury claim using our personal injury lawyer in Kineton, if you have been the victim of a violent crime
The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) administers the payments from the Criminal Injury Compensation Scheme. They are government funded and were set up to compensate the blameless victims of violent crime. Payments are available from the scheme for:
- Special expense payments, to cover specific injury-related needs which are not available free of charge from any other source
- Fatal injuries, including loss of parental services and financial dependency
- Funeral payments
- Personal injury following a single incident
- Personal injury following a period of abuse
- Loss of earnings
If from the list above you think that any apply to you then you may want to talk to our personal injury lawyer in Kineton about making a criminal injury claim.
The criteria a personal injury lawyer in Kineton will need you to fit
You need to fit the criteria to be able to make a criminal injury claim with the CICA and they will only consider your claim if you have been unsuccessful in getting your compensation from the assailant. You should have:
- Sustained a mental injury as a result of witnessing or being involved in the immediate aftermath of an incident in which a loved one is injured
- Are a qualifying relative of a victim who has died from injuries caused by a crime of violence
- Were a direct victim of a crime of violence
- Were not to blame for the incident
- Sustained an injury while taking an exceptional and justified risk, while trying to remedy or prevent a crime
The CICA has further requirements for you to use our personal injury lawyer in Kineton and make a claim
The further requirements are:
- You must have needed medical attention, whether for physical or mental injuries.
- You cannot have already applied for compensation for the same injury under this or any other scheme.
- The incident should have happened within the last two years
- You must report the incident to the police, and help them with their enquiries, to give them the best chance of catching the criminal.
- If you and the person who injured you were living together as part of the same family, you cannot get payment if you continue to live with them or if they will benefit from your award.
A personal injury lawyer in Kineton at Accident Advice Helpline can help you to make a claim
The above is the basics of the Criminal Injury Compensation Scheme, and that all seems enough to contend with, without all the other associated ins and outs of the scheme, all intended of course, quite correctly, to make sure that it only pays to the people it is meant for.
Accident Advice Helpline will help you make your claim, we have been doing so successfully for over 13 years now, and we will make the whole process a whole lot easier for you.
Just call our helpline on 0800 180 4123, and speak to one of our advisors, you will find them friendly and compassionate and the call will be in complete confidence.