Personal injury lawyer in Kincardine
You may be able to use our personal injury lawyer in Kincardine, to make a claim if you have had an accident and been injured, and the accident was not your fault. For example, you could be riding your bicycle and end up sustaining injuries through an accident.
There are a lot of things that can cause you to have an accident if you like to ride your bicycle, such as car, lorries and tractors. But there are also things like potholes and bad road surfaces that can cause you injuries. These are some of the injuries a cyclist could sustain during a bicycle ride:
- Broken bones. Bones anywhere in your body can break in a fall and some of them can be disabling for some time. Severe breaks can mean surgery to insert pins, screws or plates to hold the bones together.
- Road rash. This can be an extremely painful injury that usually occurs when you slide along the road and damage the skin.
- Head injuries. Wearing a cycling helmet can help to reduce the severity of a head injury but these helmets do not have the strength of motorbike helmets so you may still sustain an injury to your head.
- Facial injuries. This can range from dental problems to scarring. If scarred, as well as the pain involved in the accident, you may need plastic surgery involving more pain.
- Trauma. Having an accident is traumatic enough, but the after effects can cause depression and anxiety.
This list is just some of the injuries that cyclists can sustain, so if you are injured in an accident that was not you fault you should contact our personal injury lawyer in Kincardine to help you with a personal injury claim.
Please get as many details of the accident as you can to help our personal injury lawyer in Kincardine
First of all, straight after the accident the police should be informed, especially if any one is injured or there is an obstruction in the road. The police will then speak to all witnesses and then fill out an accident report. The report can then become very useful for you when you make your claim.
It is also important that if you can you should take contact details of anyone else involved, although your accident could’ve been because of the bad road surface, so no one else was involved. Also take photos on your mobile phone of things that might be relevant and the pothole. Also take the details of any witnesses, as you may need these when making your compensation claim.Open Claim Calculator
Over the next few days, more aches, pains and injuries may become apparent, and you should make sure you get medical attention for all your injuries.
Then you should contact Accident Advice Helpline, either on their freephone number, 0800 180 4123, or by completing the 30-second test on the website.
Accident Advice Helpline will ensure your compensation claim is dealt with in a fast, simple and efficient manner, and make sure you get the personal injury compensation to which you are entitled.