Personal injury lawyer in Kilkhampton can help if you have been injured
Road traffic accidents are all to common no matter where you live in the UK, and they can happen for any number of reasons. If you have an accident and get an injury from it, and it was not your fault, you may be able to use the personal injury lawyer in Kilkhampton to help make a personal injury claim.
Here are some examples of road traffic accidents that a personal injury lawyer in Kilkhampton can help with:
- Bicycle accidents
- Accidents caused by potholes or bad road surfaces
- Accidents caused by defective parts such as steering or brakes
- Car crashes, even as a passenger you can be injured when it is not your fault
- Motorbike accidents
- Accidents with buses, coaches or lorries
If you made an injury claim who would settle it?
Most personal injury claims are settled by a large organisation of some sort. Some examples of organisations who might settle your claim are:
- Manufacturers in the case of defective parts
- Or maybe product liability insurers in the case of defective parts
- Employers liability insurance if you has an accident at work
- Motor insurance companies
- Motor Insurance Bureau if other driver was uninsured or untraceable
- Local authority responsible for maintaining roads in the area you had the problem with a pothole or bad road surface
How will a claim be calculated?
They will calculate what to claim for by a number of things, such as how long the recovery period will be, how severe the injuries are and if there are any other effects on your life. Some injuries can also develop over time and might not immediately become apparent, so that is why they have a three year time limit for making the claim. Some of the things you can claim for are:
- Medical treatment
- Travel expenses
- Cost of adapting your home if necessary
- Cost of moving to a new home if necessary
- Any other costs you have incurred because of the accident
- Pain and suffering
- Anxiety and stress
- Loss of earnings
Who can help?
Accident Advice Helpline should be your first choice to help you make a personal injury compensation claim. Accident Advice Helpline have been dealing with such claims for over 15 years, and we have built up a wealth of knowledge and experience in that time. This together with our ideals of integrity, dependability, reliability and accountability make us the best company to handle your claim. Dame Esther Rantzen certainly thinks so; she has been our patron for the last 10 years and recommends our services.
We have a freephone helpline number, 0800 689 0500/0333 500 0993 from a mobile, where you can speak to one of our friendly advisors, in confidence, or you can try our 30-second test online for some guidance about how much compensation you can expect to be awarded. call us if you need a personal injury lawyer in Kilkhampton.