There is a free employment accident claim guide that our personal injury lawyer in Keyworth produced
You may want to see the free employment accident claim guide produced by our personal injury lawyer in Keyworth, if you have been in an accident and been injured through no fault of your own.
What the start of the free guide, our personal injury lawyer in Keyworth produced says
Firstly, most employers have to have employers liability insurance in case an injury claim is made against them. This insurance, like most other insurances, settles any personal injury compensation claims so that the employer does not have to pay it from the business. They are legally required to have minimum cover of £5,000,000. There are a few exceptions to this rule such as:
- Health trusts
- Travel executives
- Government departments
- Local authorities
The employer whose employees are based abroad and spend no more than 14 works related days in the UK could also not have employers liability insurance, although it is recommended that they do.
What the employers duties are, is in the free employment accident claim guide
While people are at work, employers have a legal responsibility for health and safety of the employees. They need to do things such as:
- Carry out risks assessments and act upon the findings
- Regulate the use of vibrating tools
- Regulate the noise levels
- Making sure employees have enough space to work in
- Avoiding excessive twisting and turning
- Making sure staff take proper breaks
- Have regular fire drills
- Ensuring all equipment is in proper working order
- Ensuring that all equipment has whatever safety devices are required
- Making sure all staff are properly trained to use the equipment, and that they use the safety devices
- Keep an accident book in which they record all accidents, no matter how minor
- Have procedure in place in case of emergency, and make sure all staff know them
- Have a health and safety policy which all staff know
- Regulate exposure to dangerous chemicals and substances
Employers should know the rules that relate to their business, although there are other rules that are trade specific or they may end up facing our personal injury lawyer in Keyworth if an employee makes a personal injury claim.Open Claim Calculator
The free employment accident claim guide continues
The free guides continues in more detail about accidents and injuries, but basically if you have been injured in an accident that was not your fault, you should contact Accident Advice Helpline who will assist you with your personal injury compensation claim, phone our free helpline on 0800 180 4123 to speak with one of our friendly advisors or complete the 30-second test online.
Don’t be put off by the costs, we operate on a no win no fee* basis, so no money is needed up front to start your claim, and no money is needed if your claim is lost.