Being burgled in Duston, Northampton?
Duston is a civil parish located within the town of Northampton. Quite recently, there was a spate of serious break ins. Unfortunately, burglary is a common form of criminal attack. If you have been involved in a form of criminal attack and your home or belongings have been burgled then you may be entitled to claim for compensation through a personal injury lawyer in Duston expert.
If your house has been burgled and you have sustained an injury in the process, there is a high chance that you could be entitled to claim compensation with our personal injury lawyer in Duston. As long as you fit the following criteria, Accident Advice Helpline may be able to help you claim:
- The burglary and accident must have happened within the past three years.
- The accident must have been the fault of someone else, in this case, the burglar.
- You must have seen a doctor for the injuries that you sustained.
How to make a successful claim with our personal injury lawyer in Duston specialist
- Never admit liability for your injuries unless you have been advised by your lawyer to do so.
- If appropriate, take photos of the injury straight away to help prove the value of your claim.
- Obtain the name, address and telephone number of all those involved and any police officer’s names and numbers.
- Take pictures of the scene and the surrounding area from all angles as soon as possible and if appropriate.
- Take the name, address and telephone number of any potential witness. Don’t contact or speak to them however, as this will be dealt with by your lawyer.
- After taking photos of any damage to property obtain at least two repair estimates and thereafter you should be able to arrange for repairs and be able to reclaim the cost that the burglar has caused.
Getting in touch with Accident Advice Helpline
While you’re browsing on the Accident Advice Helpline website, why not have a look around for further information on the claims process? You can also take the 30 second eligibility test which will let you know if you have the basis of a valid claim. If you do, you could try using the compensation calculator to give you an estimated figure of how much you could be entitled to with your personal injury lawyer in Duston.
If you would instead prefer to get in touch directly, you can speak to a trained member of Accident Advice Helpline, by calling 0800 689 0500, or you can call from a mobile on 0333 500 0993. A friendly member of the customer service team can call you back, just text ‘CLAIM365’ to 88010 and someone will call you back to provide you with your personal injury lawyer in Duston local expert.
Date Published: 10th May 2014
Author: David Brown