Sprained or broken ankle in Dunkinfield? Need help from our personal injury lawyer in Dukinfield?
Do you need help from our personal injury lawyer in Dukinfield expert? If you have been involved in an accident or fall in Dunkinfield and are now experiencing pain in your ankle, it is crucial that you see a doctor immediately so that it can be determined if your ankle is twisted, sprained or broken. A twisted or sprained ankle will heal on its own, but a broken ankle will require immediate medical treatment.
How to determine if you have damaged your ankle:
- Do you have pain in your ankle? Whether the pain you experience is sudden, or builds up over time, can determine if you are suffering from a sprain or a break. A sprained ankle comes in different levels, so you may have mild pain and still be suffering from a sprain.
- Acknowledge any swelling – swelling can be an indication of a break, or a sprain, depending on how bad the swelling is and whether the ankle is swollen or also deformed long term.
- Check for any redness or bruising – both bruising and redness will indicate a sprain, and should start to appear soon after your injury.
- Consult a doctor – with any leg or ankle pain you will want to speak to a doctor to confirm that you do not need any immediate treatment or that you are not suffering from something more serious than you suspect. Seeing a doctor may also help you with the amount of compensation you will receive.
- Take painkillers when in pain – ibuprofen will help to prevent swelling and also help with the pain. You should also try to ice the ankle to reduce the swelling and naturally numb the pain whilst you are taking painkillers. If the pain does not get any better, go back to your doctor.
Claiming with our personal injury lawyer in Dukinfield
Accident Advice Helpline work hard to source professional, UK based lawyers to join our strong team and process your claim. Our completely professional and helpful customer service line is open 24/7 and you can get in touch by calling 0800 689 0500, or if you wish to call from a mobile, call on 0333 500 0993. Get in touch today and don’t hesitate in making your claim through our personal injury lawyer Dukinfield expert.
If you would prefer a member of the customer service team to call you back, simply text ‘CLAIM365’ to 88010. While you are on Accident Advice Helpline website, why not have a look for further information, or you could even take 30 seconds of your time to see if you are entitled to make a claim for compensation by using the compensation calculator. You can also read various articles on the claims process and how it works. There is also lots of information on all the different accidents that you can claim for such as road traffic accidents, slips trips and falls, defective goods and many others.
Simply get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline to discuss the details of your claim and we will talk you through the next steps with a personal injury lawyer in Dukinfield.
Date Published: 1st September 2014
Author: David Brown