How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Personal injury lawyer in Clifford

    Clifford is a small village within the outer limits of the city of Leeds in West Yorkshire, situated approximately three miles south of Wetherby. The village’s name can be loosely translated as meaning ‘ford at the cliff,’ which refers to its situation near the crossing of the River Wharfe. Clifford was mentioned in the Domesday Book, and for much of its early history it was a farming community. This changed in the early 19th century, when the corn mills were transformed into flax mills producing yarn and shoe thread, which at their height employed over 300 workers.

    Today, the village has been partially consumed by the urban spread of the city of Leeds, making it difficult to ascertain the exact population of Clifford itself; but it is safe to say that the population levels are likely to be at an all-time high. This therefore also suggests that for a personal injury lawyer in Clifford, personal injury compensation claims are likely to be far more common than they would have been even just a few years ago.

    These claims come in all shapes and sizes. For example, for a personal injury lawyer in Clifford, the area can give rise to claims related to incidents as diverse as road traffic accidents and injuries in the workplace. Whatever the type of claim, there are a number of important questions to which all potential claimants need know the answers before embarking upon legal proceedings.

    How long do you have to claim?

    For the majority of cases, you actually have three years from an accident or incident in which you can begin claims proceedings, and it is only after this time has passed that you can no longer seek to claim. Two types of claim are actually subject to slightly different more case-specific time limits, and these are cases which regard either an industrial diseases such as asbestos poisoning or an injury to a minor.

    Who can help you to claim?

    If you want to be sure that your claim is in the safest possible hands, you can do no better than trust the case to Accident Advice Helpline. We have spent over 15 years fighting for personal injury claimants just like you, and can use all of the experience that we have accrued in order to get you all of the compensation that you deserve.

    Open Claim Calculator

    How can you get our help with your claim?

    You can get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline 24 hours a day, seven days a week by calling either 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 on your mobile and speaking to one of our friendly and professional advisers.

    Date Published: 19th February 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.