Be careful on roads in flooding
Chertsey is a borough in Surrey that is unfortunately is prone to severe flooding. This is most common through the winter months. Devastatingly, hundreds of people’s houses and cars become engulfed in the water and irreplaceable damage takes place.
Stay safe on the water logged roads
It’s incredibly important that you stay safe. You should only drive if completely necessary when severe flooding takes place. Road traffic accidents dramatically rise when roads are waterlogged and they can become incredibly dangerous.
You may find yourself involved in an accident on a waterlogged road in Chertsey. If you are injured and someone else was negligent for it, you could have a case to make a compensation claim. A claim can be made through our personal injury lawyer in Chertsey.
Action to take when driving on flooded roads
To ensure you are being as safe as possible when driving on a waterlogged road, you should:
- Check the water level before driving through it. It only takes 6 inches of water to reach the underside of an average car, which causes the car to stall as water enters the exhaust pipe
- Drive through the water very slowly in 1st or 2nd gear, while slipping the clutch and revving the engine to expel water from the exhaust
- Drive in the middle of a flooded road where the water is the most shallow
- Ask a passenger to open one of the doors if the car starts to slow down and flood This will allow some water into the car to weigh it down again
- Not drive through the water if it is fast-flowing as the car could easily be swept away
- Always test the brakes.
The above points will only help you driving on flooded roads. They do not ensure that an accident will be prevented.Open Claim Calculator
Speak to our personal injury lawyer Chertsey expert
If you think that you could be entitled to claim compensation, you can speak to our personal injury lawyer in Chertsey. If you were involved in a road traffic accident in Chertsey that wasn’t your fault, get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline. At Accident Advice Helpline, we will offer you our personal injury lawyer in Chertsey who will work hard to win you compensation.
Contact details of our personal injury lawyer Chertsey
You can call from a land line on 0800 689 0500, or from a mobile on 0333 500 0993. If it’s easier for an adviser to call you back, all you need to do is text ‘CLAIM365’ to 88010 and one of our friendly advisers will call you back in due course.
If, before calling you want to find out a bit more information on the claims process, including the ins and outs of claiming for a road traffic accident that wasn’t your fault, please take a few minutes to look through the Accident Advice Helpline website.