The town of Castleford lies in the metropolitan borough of Wakefield, West Yorkshire. With a population of 40,210 in 2011, the town’s population grew in the 19th century when it became a mining town. Today there are a number of large companies with factories in Castleford, employing a high percentage of the local population.
If you’ve been injured whilst working in a factory here, you could make a claim for personal injury compensation. Rather than wasting time searching for an experienced personal injury lawyer in Castleford, you could just get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline within three years of your accident. You might find you’re eligible to make a 100% no win, no fee claim.
Common factory accidents and injuries
Factories can be dangerous places to work, with heavy machinery to operate, but adhering to health and safety regulations should help you to stay safe at work. It’s your employer’s duty to ensure your working environment is safe, and if you feel they have put you at risk and you’ve been injured as a result, we could help you make a personal injury claim. But what are some of the most common factory accidents and injuries? We have a few examples:
- Crush injuries after trapping your hand or arm in machinery with moving parts (such as rollers)
- Neck injuries if your scarf or hair becomes trapped in machinery
- Eye injuries or facial injuries from debris flying from broken machinery
- Head and neck injuries caused by objects falling from height, such as off a conveyor belt
- Broken bones, strains and sprains or back injuries after slipping on a wet floor or tripping over trailing cables
- Repetitive strain injury from carrying out repetitive tasks without the proper rest breaks
If you have suffered an injury after working in a factory, there’s no need to find a personal injury lawyer in Castleford. WE can help you get the compensation you deserve if your employer has been negligent.
No win, no fee claims
If you’ve been injured at work, your employer could be held liable and ordered to pay you compensation. But you don’t need to waste time looking for a personal injury lawyer in Castleford or worrying about how you will afford to pay expensive legal fees. Accident Advice Helpline’s professional personal injury lawyers work on a 100% no win, no fee basis, so anybody can afford to make a claim after their factory accident.
Just give our freephone helpline a call on 0800 689 0500 to find out more about making a claim today, or take the 30-second test on our website to see how much compensation
Date Published: 9th February 2014
Author: Emma Matthews