Road Traffic Accidents
Road Traffic Accidents can be exceptionally scary – even if they don’t appear to be that severe on the surface of things. It is very rare that someone can walk away from any type of impact with another vehicle and not suffer any injuries (although of course, it does happen).
Generally speaking there will be some kind of physical impact from the collision, although hopefully this will be relatively minor in the overall scheme of things – perhaps some bumps, bruises or whiplash. That said, even these apparently minor injuries can have significant impacts on the lives of the victims that are suffering from them.
If you have been injured in a road traffic accident which was not your fault, then you should speak to our personal injury lawyer in Baldock here at Accident Advice Helpline today to find out if you could be entitled to make a claim for compensation.
Types of Injuriesf
As we mentioned a road traffic accident can cause any number of different types of injuries.
- Whiplash – caused when the neck is forced to make a sudden jolt causing damage to the soft tissues in the neck area.
- Burns – often caused by fires after a high speed impact, or even burns from an air bag.
- Broken bones – generally this is arms and legs, but can also be fingers, toes, collar bone, ribs and jaw.
- Lacerations – cuts and bruises are not uncommon when it comes to car accidents, but lacerations can also be a common side effect, often requiring several stitches, and in some cases cosmetic surgery.
- Amputations – various limbs can be amputated as a result of a car impact, this can either occur at the scene (i.e. a traumatic amputation) or later in hospital (surgical amputation) as a result of the trauma inflicted on the limb at the time of the accident.
- Spinal and brain injuries – given the high speeds that vehicles can be travelling at when impact occurs there is the potential for severe spinal or head and brain injuries to occur. Speak to our specialist personal injury lawyer in Baldock today to find out more.
Our personal injury lawyer in Baldock
Here at Accident Advice Helpline we have a personal injury lawyer in Baldock who can help with any type of road traffic collision, and the injuries which can occur as a result.Open Claim Calculator
We can assist you with a claim for compensation whether you were the driver of a vehicle, passenger (even if you were the passenger in the vehicle that was regarded as being at fault for the accident in the first place) or pedestrian.
Our personal injury lawyer in Baldock can also help you if you have been involved in a road traffic accident as a cyclist, or if the person who was responsible was travelling in a stolen car or did not have any insurance.
Why not take our 30 second test today to find out if you qualify to make a claim and then speak to our personal injury lawyer in Baldock for more information?